New Owners - North Trail 21 FBS - Jim & D'Ann Parker

Hi gang! We just brought home our first travel trailer, a 2013 Heartland North Trail 21 FBS. Towed it home with our 2006 Chevy 1500 using the E2 hitch the dealer installed and set up for us. Worked great - zero problems despite gusty winds and lots of 18-wheelers passing.

Our first camping trip will be in a few weeks. Until then, we're getting used to everything, probably "camping out" a few nights just to get the hang of everything, etc.

Life is great!

jimtoo

Hi JimParker256,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If you have questions about anything in/on your unit, you can usually find the answer right here. We have a great search engine on the forum, both simple and advanced also.

Also be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
You are going to love the North Trail....I also have a 21 FBS and love it....I am thinking about upgrading to the Sundance XLT, but haven't had the opportunity yet to look at one in person....
Enjoy your RV, it will serve you well and without a lot of issues.

Safe Travels. Hope we can meet up one day.

Manzan

Our 21fbs is our third hard side and the best of the lot. Very easy to tow as you have found out already.
Welcome to the Heartland family.
Bruce

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We loved our first trailer, a 2008 21FBS! Congrats and welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Welcome Jim and family to the forum and to the Heartland family. We have 2 active chapters of the Heartland Owners Club in Texas. Hope you can get out to a club event and check us out.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

But now I have a question for the 21 FBS owners... I've been going over everything, after reviewing the "walk-through" the dealer (Tulsa RV) gave us. I don't believe they are Heartland dealers, but took this unit as a trade-in on a motor-home. In any case, they did a good job familiarizing us with the features, but both the dealer and I were "stumped" by one circuit breaker label... Here are the breaker labels, in order (top to bottom), and my understanding of them:
MAIN - Main power breaker
AC - Air Conditioner
GFI - GFI Plugs
MW - Microwave
GP - ???
WH - Water Heater
Can anyone tell me what the "GP" breaker is for? I'd hate to find out the hard way out in the boonies somewhere...

And a related question: There are two 40-Amp fuses in the fuse box that have no labels, and no place to put a label. I assume these are the "main fuses" that control power to the downstream 15-Amp and 20-Amp fuses that protect specific circuits, but wanted to make sure I'm right. Can someone confirm?

Thanks!

danemayer

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

AC - Air Conditioner
GFI - GFI Plugs
MW - Microwave
GP - ???
WH - Water Heater
Can anyone tell me what the "GP" breaker is for? I'd hate to find out the hard way out in the boonies somewhere...
Nothing comes to mind for "GP", but I'd expect there to be a circuit breaker for the Power Converter that converts 110V AC to 12V DC to supply the fuse box and to keep your battery charged.

Nothing comes to mind for "GP", but I'd expect there to be a circuit breaker for the Power Converter that converts 110V AC to 12V DC to supply the fuse box and to keep your battery charged.
Wouldn't that be the "Main" breaker? Or am I even more confused than I thought I was?

Thanks!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
In any case, they did a good job familiarizing us with the features, but both the dealer and I were "stumped" by one circuit breaker label... Here are the breaker labels, in order (top to bottom), and my understanding of them:
AC - Air Conditioner
GFI - GFI Plugs
MW - Microwave
GP - ???
WH - Water Heater

Thanks!

When plugged in at your house, why not try switching off each breaker to see what each shuts off?

danemayer

Wouldn't that be the "Main" breaker? Or am I even more confused than I thought I was?

Thanks!
On our circuit breaker panel, the incoming power goes through the main breaker and from there to the rest of the circuit breakers. You can verify this by flipping your main breaker OFF.