Rear End Cap

Grey Ghost

:mad: A couple of weeks ago I asked if anyone had experenced a problem with their rear end cap coming detached from the unit. Some reponded and suggested I contact Heartland, which I did. I was shocked when they stated it was not their problem and that they couldn't or wouldn't do anything about it. I thought Heartland was one step above all the rest I guess I was wrong. The insurance adjuster and the repair man both stated that it looked like faulty workmanship on the manufactures part. They both stated that there were only two screws in one side and only three in the other side and thus the reason for the end cap separation. I was just shocked that Heartland wouldn't do anything about it. They suggested that I didn't maintain my unit and didn't chalk as I should. Not the case at all. Anyhow, just want to voice my disappointment regarding Heartland Customer Service. Thanks for listing, made me feel better. Now to go pick up my unit and pay the $2100.00 repair bill. Next unit (our retirement 5ver) will not be a Heartland product.

danemayer

Hi Grey Ghost,

Did Heartland offer any explanation of why they didn't think it was their problem?

jwpurdy

I had the same problem 3 years ago on a 2008 Sundance. No help from Heartland so I had the unit repaired and sold it.
I had if repaired in Elkhart at Capitol RV who did a lousy job on repairs. Sorry for you problems.

B

BouseBill

I would recommend you have the insurance adjuster and repair shop contact Heartland and describe their findings. Never know it might make them change their mind about who is responsible for the shoddy workmanship.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
:mad: A couple of weeks ago I asked if anyone had experenced a problem with their rear end cap coming detached from the unit. Some reponded and suggested I contact Heartland, which I did. I was shocked when they stated it was not their problem and that they couldn't or wouldn't do anything about it. I thought Heartland was one step above all the rest I guess I was wrong. The insurance adjuster and the repair man both stated that it looked like faulty workmanship on the manufactures part. They both stated that there were only two screws in one side and only three in the other side and thus the reason for the end cap separation. I was just shocked that Heartland wouldn't do anything about it. They suggested that I didn't maintain my unit and didn't chalk as I should. Not the case at all. Anyhow, just want to voice my disappointment regarding Heartland Customer Service. Thanks for listing, made me feel better. Now to go pick up my unit and pay the $2100.00 repair bill. Next unit (our retirement 5ver) will not be a Heartland product.

Larry, So sorry you are experiencing problems. I hope you are able to get it repaired and start enjoying your unit. Think about joining us in Oct...

Last edited by a moderator:

donr827

I would recommend you have the insurance adjuster and repair shop contact Heartland and describe their findings. Never know it might make them change their mind about who is responsible for the shoddy workmanship.
Good Idea, want hurt to try.
Don