Black Water Tank Flush Problems

fyrwlker

3370RL'ers
We took possesion of our new 2008 3370 at the end of January and have been out on three trips already. We love the trailer and really have a very short list of items that I could not fix on my own but one of them just does not make sence to me? When we hook up the hose to the black water tank flush, the line pressurizes but no water flows into the tank. I have taken apart the line from the water hose connection to make sure that there was no blockage there but find nothing. My questions are this:

Is there an additional valve that I have to open to use the black water flush?

Is there something else I am doing wrong that prevents the thing from working?

I can flush the tank by placing a flush line down the tiolet but I should not have to do that every time.

Can anyone help me with this? :confused:

sgtbigb

Sounds like the check value may be install backwards. had the same ploblem abd the dealer fixed the problem.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We have the same problem with our 2008 North Trail 28BHS. The water line pressurizes but nothing gets to the Black water tank. We picked up our North Trail at the end of last year, used it once, and put it away for the winter. I was hoping to be able to fix the problem myself, our dealer is about 2 hours away. Any answers would be great.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I had the same problem with mine. Took it to the dealer and they found a routing problem with the line to the tank. For some reason the factory had routed it straight up the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom, then turned it down the wall and then to the tank. This created a kink in the line and would not allow water to flow. They rerouted the line and there have been no problems with it since then.
Fred

tcbrady

frywlker-
The vacuum breaker is either stuck or it is installed backwards. In this model it is located behind the stool in the wall. The supply lines can be accessed from behind the bulkhead. I would have a dealer work on this as it is rare that a retail customer would have the proper crimping tools to fix this. Obviously, this would be covered under warranty.
Hope this helps!

RubiconAg

We had the same issue on our BC 2950. I noticed that our line went from the water center, up the wall and back down to the tank. We would get water pressurized going up but nothing would come down. When the dealer did the fix, they cut this portion out and just ran a hose directly from the water center to the tank. After reading this post is sounds as if we need the vacuum break or back-flow preventer reinstalled. Heartland what should we do? We have had a nightmare of an experience with our dealer service center here in Northern California and do not want to go back to them. TIA

fyrwlker

3370RL'ers
Thanks to all of you for your input. I will start with the dealer and work from there. I don't want to be without the vacuum break valve so I hope they can fix it right? I will let you all know what they say! Thanks again!

Happy Campers

For some reason the factory had routed it straight up the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom, then turned it down the wall and then to the tank. This created a kink in the line and would not allow water to flow.
Fred

I'm thinking mine is the same way as i tried to do a back flush yesterday.I have the clear elbow then the sewer hose is connected so i can see when all tanks are empty.As i was flushing the black tank i noticed just a little water coming out so i went inside to the bathroom and could hear water rushing,the same sound water makes when going thru a kinked hose.Standing in front of the commode it's coming from the top left side of the wall.Does anybody know if the inside wall in the bathroom it can be taken off with success ?.
Thanks for your answers

Zeplik

Just got back from our shake down run with our new 2009 BH 3055 and had a similar experience, just a little different. We got flow, but we also got a lot of water flowing out from behind the power panel. Turns out that the vacuum break valve was not closing properly and allowing the water to flow all over the place. This valve runs up the side wall between the power panel/closet and the bathroom wall. The scary thing is that all the electrical runs through this area as well.

Well my best guess is something, like saw dust, clogged up the valve. After locating the valve and cleaning it, it's now working OK, but can spit a little water out.

Rather than removing your bathroom wall, I would suggest coming at it from the other side by removing the fire extinguisher holder and/or circuit breaker box (assuming yours is set up similar to mine). REMOVE BOTH AC AND BATTERY POWER BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS!!! You should be able to find the pair of cold water hoses that run up the side wall. Pull the hoses and valve down for maintenance.

For future maintenance, I've cut a small hole in the power closet to get direct access to this valve. I've covered this up with an electrical cover plate.

Hope this info helps!