New Landmark Newport

jbeletti

ClintMo - Sorry to hear you had this issue. I have sent this into Corp and they are working with our lamination deparment now to review our processes on the roof ductwork and to make improvements where needed, going forward. Thanks.

ClintMo

Moved it a couple weeks ago for the first time since we picked it up. Not too happy since setting it back up.

Primary black tank vent is clogged. I've filled the tank all the way up with the tank flush several times and nothing. If you flush the toilet a bubble comes out and it smells horrible every time. Not sure where the primary black or vent is located so any info is appreciated. I flush the tank 3 or 4 times EVERY time I dump it. I've read that sometimes the vent pipe can vibrate down in the tank when moving. I'm wondering if this happened. It doesn't vent even when its empty.

I woke up in the middle of the night to an electrical burning smell. I jumped up and started checking everything. Finally determined that it was the front AC. I shut it off and haven't had a chance to check it yet. Power in the campground is great so something is wrong with the unit or its wiring.

Ice machine isn't working. I've reset it several times. Checked incoming line and its not pinched inside or out. We pulled everything out of the freezer earlier and held a hair dryer in there to thaw everything out. Won't know if that worked until the morning.

I guess its a good thing I don't move very often. This thing is way too new and expensive to have this many problems. I can't just take it and drop it off for warranty either since its our house. All these problems came up after moving.

One more aggravating thing....this camp ground won't let you wash your RV. They decided to tell me that halfway through washing the roof so now the walls are extra dirty.

Fulltimers

Our 2017 Newport is here. The pics look great. Going to dealer on Saturday to walk it and pick it up on Wednesday.;)

jbeletti

Our 2017 Newport is here. The pics look great. Going to dealer on Saturday to walk it and pick it up on Wednesday.;)

Congrats!

Say - would you like me to edit your listed rig? It has Redwood and Landmark in it:

Current Rig
2017 Redwood Landmark 365

Fulltimers

We took delivery Wednesday. Just went through our first storm with no leaks. We had some hard winds that shook us.

ClintMo

Rear ac just quit. Compressor won't start. Just had the front one replaced about three month ago. **** glad I have three units. I guess you are supposed to trade these in every two years so warranty covers your cost. Stupid. You would think buying the top end of the brand you would get quality. Not impressed. Sure makes it a pain when you live in it full time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Are they Dometics? Sounds like you got bit by their bad batch of AC units. Lots of different manufacturers having same problem.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Lots of posts on the forum about the Dometic issue. Suggest you ask your dealer to follow up.

porthole

Retired
Rear ac just quit. Compressor won't start. Just had the front one replaced about three month ago. **** glad I have three units. I guess you are supposed to trade these in every two years so warranty covers your cost. Stupid. You would think buying the top end of the brand you would get quality. Not impressed. Sure makes it a pain when you live in it full time.

Doesn't matter whether you are buying a no name travel trailer for $15K or $250,000 for a New Horizons, same AC units.
What does matter though is how the dealer takes care of it.

ClintMo

Kind of hard for a dealer to take care of it when I live out of it. I can't drop it off for 2 weeks to a month. I'm having to pay a mobile tech to come replace it under warranty. They came out today to diagnose and he said one of the wires is arching inside of the unit. Sounds real safe. Now I have to wait two weeks for the parts to come in. I was supposed to move tomorrow. Apparently they discontinued the unit and have to wait on an adapter. So now it sounds like I will have two different units on top which won't look too good.

danemayer

I'm having to pay a mobile tech to come replace it under warranty. They came out today to diagnose and he said one of the wires is arching inside of the unit. Sounds real safe. Now I have to wait two weeks for the parts to come in. I was supposed to move tomorrow. Apparently they discontinued the unit and have to wait on an adapter. So now it sounds like I will have two different units on top which won't look too good.

I suppose anything can happen. But "wires arcing inside the unit" sounds like something that would trip the breaker in the main circuit breaker panel. I hope your tech knows what he's doing and that he has agreement from Dometic on his repair action.