prowler 20 rbs

danford50

my wife are looking to purchase the prowler 20rbs, what is the weight of this unit and will i have a problem pulling this unit with a 2014 silverado with a 3.21 gear ratio 2x4?

danemayer

Hi danford50,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Looking at the HeartlandRVs.com website, it shows the GVWR of the 20RBS at 6,900 lbs. Of course the empty trailer will weigh less, but most of us end up closer to the GVWR by the time we're loaded up for travel.

As for whether the Silverado is a good match, let me suggest you visit Fifth Wheel Safe Towing. Along with 5th wheels, you'll also find help on answering the question for travel trailers.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
my wife are looking to purchase the prowler 20rbs, what is the weight of this unit and will i have a problem pulling this unit with a 2014 silverado with a 3.21 gear ratio 2x4?

You should not have any problems. I had a 20rbs and pulled it with a f-150 with no problems. That model was our first TT that we ever had a love it. For a trailer that size the bathroom was very large, in fact it's larger then the bathroom we have in our 5th wheel we have now.

windviewer

you should have no problems. we just took our new 20p-rbs on 600 mile roundtrip towing with our 2003 tundra. the total weight of our trailer (full water) was 6550 lbs (i weighed it). wasnt the best fuel economy, but it traveled well.