Elkridge Camp Kitchen - Sink

J

Joel.Eberlein

Good afternoon, I would like to ask the Elkridge owners, especiallythose that have models with the outside camp kitchen.

Is the sink useful? Is this a feature that we should continueto include in the camp kitchen?

Your feedback and opinions are very import to us here at Heartland.

Thank you!

Joel Eberlein

General Manager - Elkridge

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We absolutely love it. Could be a little larger but I'm not going to complain. I tell everyone that I was very unsure of the outside kitchen, but I love it. We use the sink every time out. We even use the quick connect hose on the sink to clean the grill with hot water. Just my opinion. There are a few little things that could be tweaked to make the kitchen a little more user friendly, but all in all, I wouldn't give it up.

Jamie

MagnoliaTom

We like ours...we have used it with the hose mostly, never with the "faucet". The sink is a little small. Other than that, some tweaks of the layout/design of the outdoor kitchen could make it function a little better. For example, the two small drawers are nice to store stuff, but are hard to access if you have things on the counter which block the drawers from opening. Maybe have some larger upper cabinets or at least have an added shelf between the counter and the upper cabinets.

shive787

I use the sink all the time. It's nice not to drag your pots and pans inside to wash them. Sink could be a little bigger and deeper and maybe add a TV....hehe

-Wade

2014' ElkRidge 37 Ultimate

JWalker

I use the sink all the time. It's nice not to drag your pots and pans inside to wash them. Sink could be a little bigger and deeper and maybe add a TV....hehe

-Wade

We have the hook ups for the tv between the microwave and the fridge. I just can't see fitting any decent size tv in that space. We sooner put one in the basement. We did get a ice maker that will fit on the counter under the microwave.

shive787

Yeah I hooked up a 32 out there, but had to lean it against the bottom of the microwave and pray it didn't fall over. Lol. Just picked my rig up Saturday from the dealer. Come on April!

-Wade

Lobovista

Don't have the outside kitchen but our 27RLSS sure could use a bigger inside sink and a better faucet. Washing dishes is hard and messy.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Don't have the outside kitchen but our 27RLSS sure could use a bigger inside sink and a better faucet. Washing dishes is hard and messy.

X2!! I agree. We changed our faucet, which helped. But the sink is too small for washing dishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagnoliaTom

X2!! I agree. We changed our faucet, which helped. But the sink is too small for washing dishes.

X3. We changed our faucet to a residential one as well. It would be nice to have a one bowl sink instead of the two small bowls.

JWalker

Ok. So what faucet came standard with your trailer? Ours has the high rise faucet with the pull out sprayer. Works great. Not the biggest sinks, but enough to do our dishes. We are only weekend campers though. The outside kitchen has this bendable type of faucet. You can position it in any configuration. It also has a quick detach system to take it off and put on the hose from the UDC. It is great. Works for washing the grill with scolding hot water or giving the dog a bath. Love it. Now that sink is smaller. But you really can't put a bigger one in without sacrificing your counter space.

One thing I would recommend to all with an outdoor kitchen with a sink and faucet. If you look around the outside edges of your countertop surface, where it meets the walls. Its probably not sealed. When you are doing dishes and water splashes out of your sink. It will run down the countertop to where it meets the edge. Then it will run down between the wall and the countertop. The countertop is a beautiful waterproof material. The wood underneath is not!! We ran a bead of clear silicone all around the edges. This will prevent any water from running down through and causing issues later on.

MagnoliaTom

We had the same faucet as yours. We installed one that was taller and all brass constructed. It has a single handle with pull out sprayer.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sorry, I didn't see this earlier. I ordered the entire replacement faucet online on Amazon. It is made by Dura Faucet. The handles/base were essentially the same, but we replaced the entire thing (it was leaking, too). I also added a spray head (found at Home Depot) to the end.

JeromyS

I just remodeled my outside kitchen on a 2013 37 Ultimate. I can say that we mostly use the outside kitchen when cooking/camping. The sink was way too small, but I understand why it is after seeing the clearance under the slide when drawn in. I sacrificed the counter space to add the larger sink and just had the sink sit up higher. I then built a top (much like the inside kitchen) so that when the sink isn't in use, it acts like a counter surface. Works like a champ and now I have a much happier +1. We can wash all our pots/pans or whatnot without having to worry much. I can say that the connection that the drain hose makes into the rear tank was not correct and ended up being pulled off the pipe. I simply gorilla taped the joint after finding this issue but I had to cut the underbelly to repair. The connection was lose enough that without any pressure I could pull the soft hose out of the hard pipe fitting.

I believe the outside sink is needed with the rear kitchen option for those that really use the rear kitchen. Just needs to be practical for washing pots / pans and other cooking utensils.

Not to hijack the thread, but, has anyone had problems with the 3 overhead storage cabinet doors? We have a 2014 37 Ultimate. The compression arms that keep the doors lifted up kept pushing the doors and the hinges apart. I finally removed the arms and now have to hold the doors up myself to access the cabinets.

shive787

Not to hijack the thread, but, has anyone had problems with the 3 overhead storage cabinet doors? We have a 2014 37 Ultimate. The compression arms that keep the doors lifted up kept pushing the doors and the hinges apart. I finally removed the arms and now have to hold the doors up myself to access the cabinets.

I have had one of my doors do this.

-Wade

Good afternoon, I would like to ask the Elkridge owners, especiallythose that have models with the outside camp kitchen.

Is the sink useful? Is this a feature that we should continueto include in the camp kitchen?

Your feedback and opinions are very import to us here at Heartland.

Thank you!

Joel Eberlein

General Manager - Elkridge

I have recently acquired at 2014 Elkridge 37 Ultimate with the outside kitchen. After preparing the camper to be un winterized and hooking up to city water I found water shooting out from underneath the outside sink. I found the shutoffs for the outside sink and then discovered that one of the connections from the outside hose attaching to bottom of the faucet had broken off. (Perhaps someone forgot to winterize outside kitchen?) When I went to remove this piece the P-trap broke off from under the sink. This can all be fixed, but with the outside sink drain pipe now detached I realized it was just laying there loose running straight into the grey water tank? It appears the pipe slides in and out of the grey water tank when the slide out is opened, but the pipe is just resting on a jagged hole that is cut into the grey water tank. You can see where the pipe has scraped when the slide opens and closes, each time wearing away the pipe. This does not seem right. I would think there should be some kind of rubber gasket there to A. Seal the pipe in the tank and B. to prevent wear and noise from occurring as the pipe scrapes past the plastic and metal. Maybe someone can look at outside kitchen and drain and let me know how it attaches to the grey water tank? I'll post pictures when I get them later. Thanks.