ATF: Landmark - Rear Hitch

TnTChaska

Retired Minnesota Chapter HOC
We recently purchased our 1st Heartland Landmark (2008 Landmark Cape Cod) and wish to add a rear hitch, so that we may carry our bikes along with us. Is there a part # to inquire at Lippert Components that will fit our unit? Do we need to have a custom unit welded to our frame?

MTPockets

There is a Lippert hitch, but many report they are too flimsy to properly support a bike rack; including me. Your best option is to have a 2" receiver fabricated and welded, it will be much better than the 1 1/4" factory receiver.

Brazos

As an alternative to a fabricated hitch, is the bolt on Hidden Hitch works well to carry bikes. I have one on the Bighorn and have had the same hitch on two other 5th wheels. It has a 2" receiver. If you have brackets already in place it can bolt to those and you can also drill and add bolts to the frame if you feel you need them. You will have to drill holes in the end bracket to match your brackets.

TnTChaska

Thank you both for such expedient responses! I am going to look into both options. Thank you both very much!

oldfitter

RE:ATF: Landmark - Rear Hitch. What did you decide on. I am trying to decide between custom fabricated hitch or some lighter over counter one.

TnTChaska

RE:ATF: Landmark - Rear Hitch. What did you decide on. I am trying to decide between custom fabricated hitch or some lighter over counter one.

I ended up doing the custom hitch. I picked up a 3' piece of 2x2 hitch from Ridgid Hitch in Burnsville, MN and the welder had the other pieces to put it together. Took him about 45 minutes and he was done. It sits perfect between the rear scissor jacks, has 2 braces attaching to the frame and is perfectly anchored. I could not be happier with how this turned out!