2014 Heartland Gateway Design Ideas

ajcohen

My husband and I recently traded our 2009 Heartland Landmark for a 2014 Heartland Gateway.

Love the new coach but there are a few items that I would recommend changing:

- Bathroom door would serve better as a pocket door. When the door is open, it covers the light switch and thermostat.
- Storage beside refrigerator is not adequate (too narrow) and I agree that a pull out organizer or storage system would work best.
- Needs storage space over the refrigerator.

Other than these items we love our new unit.

jimtoo

Hi ajcohen,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Also be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

justafordguy

My husband and I recently traded our 2009 Heartland Landmark for a 2014 Heartland Gateway.

Love the new coach but there are a few items that I would recommend changing:

- Bathroom door would serve better as a pocket door. When the door is open, it covers the light switch and thermostat.
- Storage beside refrigerator is not adequate (too narrow) and I agree that a pull out organizer or storage system would work best.
- Needs storage space over the refrigerator.

Other than these items we love our new unit.

I agree 100% with all three sugestions. We just picked up our Gateway last week and I'm already working on solving those issues.;)

GWRam

justafordguy,
I'm also looking into those areas for modification. If you come up with anything, take lots of photos and post them on the forum.
Thanks,
Dave

Bones

I agree 100% with all three sugestions. We just picked up our Gateway last week and I'm already working on solving those issues.;)

Yeah keep us posted especially on the fridge cabinets. Those things are barley usable with the residential fridge. Does anyone have pictures of what the space looks like above the fridge?

Kosanko

over the refer is a dead panal blocking an open space which could be or should have been made into n over refer storage area

L

LoverMusic2416

Our 2011 Heartland Bighorn has two pocket doors in the bathroom which is nice. In my opinion a pocket door should be a standard feature for most RV bathrooms.