Thread: Humana Advantage Plans

1. Print this Post   #1

Humana Advantage Plans

I am wondering if there are any on here that have Humana Advantage for their Medicare coverage.

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Humana Advantage Plans

We don't have the advantage, but many friends do have it and really like it. We stayed with Medicare but added Humana supplement. We feel Humana is a very good choice. Our reason for staying with Medicare is we travel 7 months/yr and felt this was the best for us. Had we stayed mostly near Humana hospital areas, we probably would have done the Advantage plan.
    Terry & June

Rallys/Campouts
    2013: Williston, FL: Montgomery, TX: Elephant Butte, NM: Colorado Springs, CO: Chatham, IL
    2014: Rifle, CO: Huachuca City, AZ
    2015: Quartzite, AZ: Moab, UT: Heber City, UT: Central City, CO: Camp Verde, AZ
    2016: Tucson, AZ

3. Print this Post   #3

Quote Originally Posted by MTPockets View Post
    We don't have the advantage, but many friends do have it and really like it. We stayed with Medicare but added Humana supplement. We feel Humana is a very good choice. Our reason for staying with Medicare is we travel 7 months/yr and felt this was the best for us. Had we stayed mostly near Humana hospital areas, we probably would have done the Advantage plan.
    This was not my reason for starting this discussion, but when traveling, if you need to go to an Emergency Room, the whole concept of "Network" does not apply. An E.R. visit is always considered "in-network" and if you have to be admitted for medical or surgical care it is also "in-network" if admitted through the E.R. even if it is not a "Humana Hospital."

My discussion was more informative as to the Humana Advantage "Health and Wellness" benefits. I have been on Medicare for almost 4 years. The Humana Advantage plan I have offers so much $$ a month for over-the-counter items they offer on their website. The first year I had a $10 allowance/month. I never even looked at the website!! The next year it was increased to $35/month (OK - now I looked). This year it is $50/month. They have some fairly usable items that I find quite useful. Toothbrushes, toothpaste, allergy tablets, cough suppressants, blood pressure cuffs (not the high-end stuff but still accurate), lotions, Q-tips, cotton balls, "sharps" containers, first aid items, etc.

It is there for the asking if you know about it.

4. Print this Post   #4
    Founders of SoCal Chapter Bob&Patty's Avatar

I have it and like it very much. Most of my prescriptions have no deductables and mailed to me with a phone call. In 2015 I have more 0 $$ deductables than in 2014. Maybe all medicare plans have this now.
    Bob (Old cranky), Great wife Patty, 5 great kids, 11 grandkids

Callie the wonder dog (we are still wondering) and 1 crazy cat "Baby" (RIP at 18 years old). Callie misses her Kitty.

2013 GMC 3500 HD DRW C/C L/B with all the goodies (the grey ghost). AirLift 5000 with auto leveling. 34 gal custom auxillary in bed tank. Spray in bed liner and rubber mat. 16K Husky hitch.

07 2955RL BIG HORN #5103

58 Belair 2dr hardtop, low and slow custom.

HEARTLAND CLUB MEMBER # 1056

5. Print this Post   #5

We have it and love it! My wife and I get almost all our Meds thru mail order for $000!
    How many times can you say that? Plus $50 allowance per month for each of us for OTC Meds.

Charlie and Joyce
    Fulltiming & Lovin' It
    2008 Bighorn 3055RL
    2007 F-350 DRW Crew-Cab 4x4
    Dish Network
    Verizon I-Phone for Internet