Hiding the washer / dryer in the 390RW garage

AAdams

This is how we 'hid' the washer dryer in our garage of our RW 390. Since there isn't much storage space in the kitchen we needed more pantry space so this seemed to work the best for us.
There is still room for us to park our golf cart in the garage when we travel. We picked the cabinets up at Lowes. We did not use the feet that they came with. I made a frame from 2x4's to place between the two cabinets. On the back of the two cabinets there are 2x4's that run vertical that the cabinets are screwed to for stability. I use a ratchet strap that is attached to a bracket by the sliding door and in the corner behind the washer/dryer to strap it in while traveling. We used a short shower rod for the black sheet Deb sewed to the right length to cover the front.

CabinetsHidingWD.jpg

GnR

So the w/d are actually behind the curtain, and the cabinets just provide extra storage?

AAdams

That is where the hook ups were in the RW 390. We didn't put a pan in since the garage was lower than the living room and was a rubberized floor.

GnR

Agreed, cause if it leaks so much that you need a drain pan to catch the water.....there's probably a larger problem. And there's nothing wrong with a little precaution either. Nice work. Enjoy.

AAdams

Oh we have already traded the '15 RW390 in and have a '16 BH 3750 FL. Found out the hard way that the toy hauler didn't really fit us as well as we thought it would. Whoever buys it will get the W/D and cabinets though, we left them in the unit.

GnR

Just out of curiosity, what was it that originally made you want a toy hauler and then find that it didn't fit your needs. My wife and I are looking to go FT here in about a year or so, and she really likes the versatility of the extra "hang out in the garage" space. We plan on taking our golf cart with us and think the RW 420, 425 will be a good fit.

AAdams

Just out of curiosity, what was it that originally made you want a toy hauler and then find that it didn't fit your needs. My wife and I are looking to go FT here in about a year or so, and she really likes the versatility of the extra "hang out in the garage" space. We plan on taking our golf cart with us and think the RW 420, 425 will be a good fit.

We thought if we had a RV that could sleep more the grandchildren would want to camp with us. Well that didn't happen so we wanted our living space back. If I were to get a TH again it would have the side patio. Since it is attached to the living space instead of the garage. So, if the golf cart is in the garage, you still would have an extension of the living space, which we found "living space" to be real important to us.

But, each person must decide what will work for them the best. For us, it just wasn't as "homey feel" as we wanted, and the BH fits us really well.

GnR

We thought if we had a RV that could sleep more the grandchildren would want to camp with us. Well that didn't happen so we wanted our living space back.

I know if my grandparents bought a TH when I was younger, I would have definitely been camping with them. And even more so with the BH 3750 FL. I really like the open floor plan with back bedroom. Although, getting acclimated to making a left turn to go to sleep rather a right, may take some getting used to.
smile.png