RESOLVED: Power for LM365 lighted nameplate

Bryced15

Just got our lighted nameplate/plaque for the outside of our unit from Heartland today. Looks great! I plugged it into the USB port and nothing happened. I turned every switch on that I know of on the unit, but got nothing from the sign. Is there a switch somewhere to turn the lighted nameplate on? I plugged my phone charger into the usb port to check for power and there is definitely no power to the sign power port. I'm at a loss.

jbeletti

Re: LM365 lighted nameplate switch?

Hi Bryce - I don't know the answer but I sent this to Tom. He'll know.

Bryced15

Update:
Got a phone call from a nice gentleman at the Heartland factory customer service today. He said that the lighted sign USB ports are NOT on a switch and should have constant power. He said to check the wiring where the plug enters inside the coach. I took an access panel off at the bottom of the left side of the vanity in a Newport to reveal the wiring and back side of the plaque plug. Sure enough one of the two wires was unplugged from the back of the plug! The personalized sign is now illuminated and looks great! Thanks Heartland and Jim Beletti!

GWRam

How about a few photos, of these signs, for those of us that have no idea what your talking about.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

Hopefully, my sign will be waiting for me when I get home at the end of the month.

jbeletti

Update:
Got a phone call from a nice gentleman at the Heartland factory customer service today. He said that the lighted sign USB ports are NOT on a switch and should have constant power. He said to check the wiring where the plug enters inside the coach. I took an access panel off at the bottom of the left side of the vanity in a Newport to reveal the wiring and back side of the plaque plug. Sure enough one of the two wires was unplugged from the back of the plug! The personalized sign is now illuminated and looks great! Thanks Heartland and Jim Beletti!

Happy to hear this is resolved.

Bryced15

How about a few photos, of these signs, for those of us that have no idea what your talking about.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here you go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    711 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    685 KB · Views: 103

Bryced15

Looks great. Are you living in the into, inside a heated barn?
Jim, the barn isn't heated. Just too expensive to insulate and heat right now after the cost of building it. It's 3600sq.ft., a total of 4-13w x 14t garage doors, 2-22w x 14t garage doors, 2 sewer hook ups, 2 50amp services, floor drain down middle. We do have a 15x15 room that is heated/ac with washer/dryer, bathroom, and small kitchenette. Barn seems to stay about 15 degrees warmer than outside due to some heat loss from room and RV. We really like living inside the building with our RV. RV doesn't degrade out in the elements, and we have a dry living space just outside our door. All of the garage doors have windows that let in natural light. We plan to build a house on the property in a couple of years. Enjoying this adventure for now though. Here's some photos.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    765.4 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    765.8 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg