I think that I'm doing this backwards.....

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Well, after a up close and personal discussion with my son in law, I decided that it was time for me to start over again. I'm still undergoing treatment at the local VA for my 100% disabilities....*BUT*, I always was the adventurous sort...

I bought a 3055RL from Lakeshore RV in MIchigan. The delivery is scheduled to occur the first 10 days of April. I've got long term reservations at the local KOA. I'm going to camp out for the next 6 months or so. At least until my physical therapy is over.

I've been researching this thing for months and while I'm not doing it in the grand style that I had planned...at least I have finally got off the dime and bought the trailer. The genset and other neato stuff is gonna have to wait.

Now, if I can just figure out how to tow this thing with a Jeep, I'm gonna be set. The VA will pay a large chunk of my Chevy's costs...just gotta save up for the tow vehicle. Hadn't planned on doing it this way or this soon...but, the best laid plans of mice and men...don'tcha know?

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
How far from Lakeshore is the campground you are wanting to take it to? Do you have a friend that has a tow vehicle that can move it for you if not talk to the folks at Lakeshore and see if they can deliver it to the campground. Not really sure if this is what you were asking it just come to mind after reading your post. Good luck with your new 3055RL and Welcome to the family.

Don

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
The trailer is in Michigan and the campground is in Norfolk, VA. I've got everything wired for delivery. My remark was meant to be tongue in cheek. I have a jeep cherokee to tow it with! Gotta buy a truck that'll handle it. Normally, you buy the truck first...I just did it backwards.

Rickhansen

Lefty, We've got you beat. We bought our '09 3670 from Lakeshore RV also. I have a GMC 2500HD with a gas engine. We had the Bighorn delivered to us in NC for $1.50 per mile, one-way in late December. I have been full-time RV'ing and working there, living in the same campground for over 2 years. Not wanting to plunk down cash and take on a payment book again, I opted to keep driving "old blue" for as long as I could figuring that I wasn't going anywhere soon.
Within a two months of upgrading to the Bighorn, an opportunity came up for a promotion and transfer to Florida for a long-term project assignment. The company included a $5000 relocation cash allotment as part of the deal. Again, rather than take the plunge on the truck, I hired the move to a guy from Florida for $1000.
So far, The Bighorn is working very well for us.:D

sjrellis

We also have done this backwards. We live in Texas, dh is working in Wisconsin. We ordered 3670 from dealer in Wisconsin. Dealer delivered it to park. Then after about 6 weeks, the job moved south. Dh hired dealer to move it about 60 miles. Now, we are going to Illinois and we still do not have a truck. My thought is "why buy a new truck when we have a 2 year old truck (that will not haul the trailer) and only need to move it twice a year". Not sure I'm gonna win this one. We'll need to buy a truck sooner or later, tho.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I sure understand circumstances. I had not planned on buying the trailer until much later in the year. I've been in and out of the hospital for the last two years. My health has returned but everything else is down the toilet.

I'm stuck in Norfolk, Va for the next 6 or 7 months doing Physical Therapy at the Trusty VA here. It's taken me too long to get into the program to not start it. Besides trying to trailer in a wheelchair is not what I want to do.

Hopefully, I'll find some kind of a deal on a truck later on in the year after I get a chance to save up some money. Until that time, it's beans and weinies!

After what I've been through my current situation ain't nothing but another speed bump.