2015 gateway 3650bh awning

Hi all, I am a new owner of a 2015 Gateway 3650bh and we will be picking it up at the end of april. We have never seen the awning extended and was wondering if anyone had any issues with it? too short? not pitched? etc. Would love to have the feed back before we start setting it up! thanks! robin

danemayer

Hi robinherger,

Congratulations on the new Gateway and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful folks.

Hopefully another Gateway 3650bh owner will chime in shortly to relate his experience with the awning.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When you pick up your new GW be sure to have the dealer extend the awning during the PDI.
It may save you a headache when you use it for the first time.

Peace
Dave

GWRam

Definitely have them run it out with you there. It does seem very short, but the fact that the kitchen slide takes up almost half of the space under the awning doesn't help the feeling. If you are like me, I had not used an electric awning and the dump feature was new to me, have them show you how it works. There is little to no pitch outward from the camper in the awning and it will hold an amazing amount of water on top. If you retract the awning without dumping it first it will pour most of that water into the main entry door.. Be aware.
Don't get me wrong. We love our 3650bh. It's been great. Awning and tires are the only real negatives.
Tires/wheels are already replaced and working on a way to make the awning better.
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk