ATF: Cyclone - Fender trim for 2011 Cyclone 3800 HD

Burke

i ordered replacement fender trim pieces (2) for the left side. When I received the parts I received pieces for both left and right sides, which other than the additional cost is ok because I know I will need the right side eventually. The problem is that I believe the wrong parts were sent. On the left, the front part is too long and the rear part is too short. The rep in the parts department is telling me that they are the correct parts and that I need to cut the longer part and glue the cut piece to the shorter piece on the rear. There is no way that a typical RV owner can cut and glue these parts and end up with a reasonably good finish. I called the Service Tech rep who talked with his supervisor and confirmed that these are obviously the wrong parts, but the Parts Dept does not agree. To expect an RVer to cut and glue plastic parts which are inexpensive to produce is not a quality solution representative of Heartland. Where do I go from here?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Did you send pix of the parts you needed? I assume that you gave the parts dept. your VIN#. Have you tried to match up the right side to the left side? Sometimes the right is the left side depending on the slides arrangment. Just thinking out loud.

Burke

Thanks for responding. The last 6 of the VIN were provided at the time of placing the order and I sent pics of the new parts up against the original parts showing the obvious differences. Oddly enough, both left & right sides of the new parts are identical; far rom true of the originals. I'm thinking the parts number chosen may be correct but the person filling the order pulled the wrong ones.

jimtoo

Always have the last 8 of the VIN,,, that provides year, plant and assigned sequence number.

Jim M

oscar

The parts people are telling you these NEW parts need to be cut and the piece glued to the other side?

FOR REAL?????