Lost keys __ Found The Keys...

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Jello47, Need to look into a RVLock it has a key pad on it in case you forget your keys inside or lose them . We have one and just love it keyless entry also it's a great thing..

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
They could have stolen the keys from a valet parking. Would you want anybody just walk in get a key made and drive away with your vehicle or rob your home??

If that was even half way common occurrence wouldn't the practice of making key copies for anything be outlawed? I can understand if you are ordering a key having to prove you own the vehicle but if you are going to go through the process of stealing keys and making copies and bringing them back would be just to cumbersome for the common crook. They would just steal the key and whatever that key started no making copies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well, any new vehicle with OnStar or the like can be shut off with just a phone call.

I've never used valet parking as I don't like giving my car and keys to someone I don't know.

You never know what they might do with your keys . . . or your vehicle!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Andy, its a state law in Ca. that no keys to any vehicle will be made unless you can prove ownership. BTW, I hate most dumb laws in Ca.....but this one I like.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Lost keys

A good locksmith should be able to make some for you. I've seen one make a key from the door lock. Sometimes it may take a little time, but he can get it done if he knows what he's doing.

Just ask the nearest good
thief, they will get you in it in a second!