Auto leveling - auto return to disconnect position

Zosimus

Hi. I am a new owner of a 2015 Bighorn 3270. I love the auto leveling system. I have experienced an issue with the phase when you un level the system and make it ready for hook up to the TV.

at our last trip I selected the left and right buttons as the instructions state, at this point I expect that the leveling jacks would start to raise (lowering the RV). But my experience has been on both tries that the RV starts to rise taking the wheels off the ground, this is the opposite effect that I would expect.

I then raise the jacks manually and it works but I am not able to get it to go back to pre leveling state automatically

I took it to our dealer and they said that my model does not have this feature activated in my auto leveling system. Well if it's not active why is it doing anything?

I would like to validate this or invalidate it and determine if my leveling system has an issue

thank you

avvidclif

When you unhooked was your rv below level? Did you have to raise the front to level it. The instructions say if the initial disconnect position is below level the auto return is disabled. I found it the hard way. Don't make sense to me but that's the way it is.

Zosimus

I am not sure the first time but the second time I know I was for the most part level, it dipped in the front when I first selected auto level as it should and it then went through its process of leveling. But when I tried to un-level per instructions on the panel it starts to raise the entire rv to a point of taking the wheels off the ground

Mrsfish

When we met the Lippert folks in quartzite they begged that when you have a problem with one of their systems to please contact them and not the dealer. They will happily walk you through your issue. Specifically, if you can reach Shannon try to. He was and is awesome to work with. One of the rigs at our rally was also told by her dealer that she lacked a particular function- literally took Shannon less than 5 minutes to show her how her fully equipped level up system worked.
My rig had all of the manufacture phone numbers in the inside of the switch cabinet.

pegmikef

I would by all means get a hold of Lippert. My system isn't always a hundred percent accurate when I use the left/right button combination, but it has never raised it to the extent that the tires are off the ground Something is not right there.

dbbls59

When you unhooked was your rv below level? Did you have to raise the front to level it. The instructions say if the initial disconnect position is below level the auto return is disabled. I found it the hard way. Don't make sense to me but that's the way it is.
This is a safety feature. If the front end needs to come down to get to the un-hook position it does not work. You wouldn't want it coming down on your truck bed or something else that was in the way. The message that is displayed in this situation is "feature disabled".

jdfishing

By all means call Lippert. I spent a year trying to get mine fixed, and a Lippert tech had the problem diagnosed and fixed in less than a minute.

avvidclif

This is a safety feature. If the front end needs to come down to get to the un-hook position it does not work. You wouldn't want it coming down on your truck bed or something else that was in the way. The message that is displayed in this situation is "feature disabled".

I don't see it as a safety feature, just a PITA.

My truck is in front of but not under the rv when I set the hookup height. It matters not to me if it goes up or down to get to that spot. Once it's happy, or me in the manual mode, the truck is backed under for final touchup to height. It doesn't always get it right in my very limited experience. They could enable it and add another warning like the one about "Move your truck from under the trailer before pushing auto-level".

My 2 cents.