Bought a New Rig

MCTalley

It's been kinda getting around, so I'll post an official announcement.

We worked a deal today with La Mesa RV in Phoenix (where we are currently holed up with bearing issues) to trade in our 3690SL on a new 2015 Big Country 3950FB (with a half bath next to the kitchen). We'll be swapping over later this week after they finish prepping the unit for delivery.

We didn't take much in the way of pictures, but I'm sure we'll have something up on our blog later this week when we take delivery.

I do want to put out some kudos to Al's RV and Marine here in the Phoenix area. They let us limp in and park behind their shop on a Saturday afternoon as well as provide us 30 Amp electric and water. The original plan was to have them repair our bearings come Monday, but we subverted that plan by trading the rig (La Mesa is going to fix it now). It's been nice having a good supply of parts literally in our back yard, too.

jbeletti

Malcolm and Val - really happy for you guys. A lot of work ahead of you, swapping into the new unit and making it yours. Looking forward to seeing it in Goshen unless we cross paths before then.

VKTalley

Thanks, Jim! We are looking forward to getting into the new rig. Started my packing today after we got back from the show.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Congratulations Val and Malcolm, it must have been a stressful and challenging few days but the outcome sounds good. Can't wait to see your new BC. Have safe travels.

MTPockets

Very Cool! ..... I may need to re-think my bearing maintenance program. Put the money in a new rig????? Hummmmmm

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Bad bearings equals new rig.... Okay it's official, you are no longer allowed to hang out with Amy.

olcoon

Congrats! You guys sound like a couple at the national rally in VA last year. Stopped in at a dealer for new tires, & left with a new camper! When the windows get dirty do you trade trucks/cars also? :cool:

VKTalley

After several days of sitting and waiting....spending nights in hotels, we had our PDI this morning and by Noon, we were moving things from the old rig (3690SL) to the new rig (3950FB). 5 hours later, we were on the road heading out of Phoenix towards Tucson, stopping for the night in Picacho. :cool:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
After several days of sitting and waiting....spending nights in hotels, we had our PDI this morning and by Noon, we were moving things from the old rig (3690SL) to the new rig (3950FB). 5 hours later, we were on the road heading out of Phoenix towards Tucson, stopping for the night in Picacho. :cool:

Cool!

Hope you love your new rig!