ATF: Landmark - Fresh Tank Overflow Vents

EPaulikonis

There's another thread on Fresh Tank Overflow at https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/51465-Fresh-Tank-Overflow mentioning the tank on a Landmark isn't really full when the first overflow starts spouting water. I'd assume this is a preventative safety feature to reduce pressure in the tank as it nears capacity. I use a pressure regulator set to 60psi on the inlet, but I'm growing more leery now about what I should be doing once the first water flows from the vent.

Can the factory explain why the first line starts venting so early in the fill process and how that affects the owner's ability to get the tank to 100% of capacity? Would also be nice to add a note in the Landmark user's manual (Sep 14 version) on p57 or 58 to emphasize the fill procedure, especially anything specific the user should do, to reduce flow and wait for the second vent port to spout water as well. The first NOTICE on p57 mentions excessive pressure can cause severe damage, but it doesn't mention anything about reducing water flow, etc., when you see the initial water venting prior to tank being completely full.

Appreciate the amplifying remarks.

danemayer

You'll be better off calling Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Wesco

We picked up our new Bighorn a few weeks ago and had the same experience. It's in the shop getting a few things fixed now but when we get it back I'm going to check the fill with a flow meter to see how much is going in. Also, In my old 5th wheel gravity fill I used to flush the tank briefly at the start of the fill. On the Bighorn it takes a while before water reaches the drain...puzzling. I will report back the next time we use it and let you know.