need feedback on 6 pt leveling systems (good, bad and the ugly)

Picking up new Big Country 3650rl this week with the 6pt leveling system. In going through the posts have been reading about all the problems with it which makes me a little wary. To me the leveling system was what appealed to me. What has been your experience as far a problems/no problems, learning the system. Know there is a learning curve on everything related to rving. We have been nearly full time for the last 9 years are always learning. Thanks for input. Bob and Vicki

DocFather

B & V, I have not had one problem with mine in 2 years. I choose to not use the automatic leveling. I am stuck in the manual mode and will probably never switch. It is much more easier, for my use, and only takes 5 minutes or less which is less than double the automatic time. Enjoy it and your new rig. Doc

jnbhobe

I have one of the original Level-Up systems have not had many problems, the worst has been thick oil in cold weather. I had a hard time getting them up yesterday at 20*

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My system is nearly 5 years old and I love it.
Yesterday I hitched up at 20° and unlike Jon, had no problems.
I have used it at 2°.

Peace
Dave

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We've had two different systems..first generation on our Bighorn, which did not auto level, and now the fully automatic system on our Landmark...the only problem we ever had was the popping on the first system, which they now have a fix for. So far the new system has been flawless...going on three years!

Pizzadigger

We have a BC 3650RL with the 6PT levelup as well. I love the system. I use some additional pads under the feet that I made to shorten the extended length to reduce wobble of the rig. I use the auto level feature almost all the time. ENJOY the new rig.

avvidclif

I was not a fan of the auto level systems until I got one. I could level the old RV just about as fast using the front jacks and blocks under the tires. What convinced me was how stable the RV is when using the 6 point system. It's almost like the frame is sitting on the ground, it's that solid. I was going to add JT Strong arms to the old trailer to stabilize it but never got around to it before it found a new home.

6 point forever.....

lynndiwagoner

You will love it. Automatic all of the time for me. Had some popping, added two quarts of recommended fluid. Fixed.

pegmikef

Love it. No problems except in cold weather one of the jacks tends not to retract using the retract all function, but it is easily retracted using the manual mode. There is a warning label right be the unit that warns of this situation in cold weather and advises to use the manual mode to retract the uncooperative jacks.

Last edited:

happykraut

I've had my 6 point level-up for 2 years without problems other than the popping. I would never be without it again.

AAdams

I have them on the current rig, ordered them again on the new one. Wouldn't be without them, so much easier.

dbbls59

The majority of threads here are started by people with problems. Hardly ever does someone start one stating, "everything is working great." Most of us with the 6 point leveling have never had a problem. I always use the "auto level" feature, that is what it is for.

jdfishing

Would not own a rig without it. Initially had problems, but it was a very simple fix, once I got Lippert involved. Don't let anyone else touch it if you ever experience a problem. I doubt that you will. I like manual mode. When I use Auto, the wife always decides it needs "Tweaked" just a little.

ndmac

My two cents. Never had anything like 6-Point level up until I got my 4200....Absolutely love it!
Never going back!

Mrsfish

Awesome feature! We love pulling in and watching the Ashland do its dance.

Thats what we call it! The 'dance'! It is amazing to watch this 35 ft behemoth do its thing. We added the 6 pt level up as an aftermarket mod this past January and so far it is everything we were hoping for. Won't own another rig without it.