New North Trail 33BKSS Out Door Fridge Question

flips

Greetings!

Im waiting to pick up my 2016 NT 33BKSS and I'm super excited.
I recently watched a you tube video which I thought stated that the out door fridge only operates using electricity...not gas. Is this true :(

If so I'm slightly bummed cause that was one of the main reasons why I went with this unit. We do a lot of hanging out by the beach where there's no hookups and I was stoked to have the outside fridge fully stocked with cold drinks.

I still think the NT is one of the best trailers I saw during our search. I wish I had it now for this Easter Weekend.

Hoping the you tube video I saw was inaccurate.

Thanks!

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I have ordered a 2016 32BUDS with Outdoor kitchen. Although, I do not have it yet, The refrigerator is electric only. One solution, install a solar panel or two and add a dedicated pure sine wave inverter for the refrigerator only. The solar would charge your batteries and you could still use the Outside refrigerator.

flips

I have ordered a 2016 32BUDS with Outdoor kitchen. Although, I do not have it yet, The refrigerator is electric only. One solution, install a solar panel or two and add a dedicated pure sine wave inverter for the refrigerator only. The solar would charge your batteries and you could still use the Outside refrigerator.

Okie dokie. So it won't even operate off of the battery as is like the inside fridge without an inverter? Or is the purpose of the inverter to somehow work with the solar panels to recharge the batteries so I don't drain quickly?

Sorry for for all the questions. I'm not too electrical savy.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The inverter converts 12v DC to 120v AC. The solar panels keep the batteries charged. Without the charge, the batteries will die pretty quickly powering the inverter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flips

The inverter converts 12v DC to 120v AC. The solar panels keep the batteries charged. Without the charge, the batteries will die pretty quickly powering the inverter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. At least there's a way to make it happen :)

I'll have to price all that and see if it's worth it. I might just get it cold using the inside fridge then bring it out and stock the outside fridge so I can feel cool with my outdoor kitchen :)

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We boondock a lot with ours. We have found that 15 pounds of dry ice in the bottom tray keeps the fridge cold for 3 days. On longer trips I take the fridge out and replace it with a cooler.