Thread: Garage bed question

1. Print this Post   #1

Garage bed question

I'm a brand new owner of a Cyclone 3800. My wife and I were wondering if we were supposed to get a ladder that allows the kids to climb up in the top bed in the garage? I'm not sure if this is a standard item that comes with it?

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Garage bed question

Hi Caseyk,

Congratulations on the new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great group of friendly and helpful people here, so I'm sure another Cyclone 3800 owner will chime in with the answer.

Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

3. Print this Post   #3

I never got one with my 3800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Print this Post   #4

I Don't have the 3800, but haven't ever heard of any of the newer cyclones including a ladder or even making it an option. (Could be wrong as the options and standards seem to move around a bit) My 4200 did not. We use a folding 5' ladder we purchased at SAMs for about 35.00 dollars.

Congratulations on on the new Cyclone, I'm sure you will love it!
    BART AND LORY HOBBS ( BLH )CALI - Silver Labrador Retriever2013 F350 Platinum DRW 4x42015 Cyclone 4200 - Full Body Paint ( Blue )Heartland Member - 2719South Central - MO2015 Rallies: Heber City, Utah2016 Planned RalliesBranson, MO - 4/28- 5/01Platte City, MO - 6/02 - 6/05

5. Print this Post   #5

Nope. Heartland does not provide an option to get up there on any of their models. Your choices are a jet pack, or there's a number of ladders on the internet, or make your own like I did.

6. Print this Post   #6

I did receive a ladder for the garage beds with my 2015 Cyclone 3110, but it is about 7-ft long and made of heavy steel. After fighting with it for a while, we replaced it with a folding aluminum ladder and leave the oem ladder at home!
    2015 Cyclone 3110, CURT Q24 Hitch, TT&W 17.5" Hi-Spec 07 Wheels & Continental HTL2 LR-J Tires,
    TST510 TPMS, Mor/Ryde PinBox, TRC SurgeGuard 34750
    2015 Chevy Z71 Silverado LTZ 2500HD Duramax 4x4 CC SB, AirLift 5000 Airbags, 20" LTX MS/2 Tires, 3.73 axles, Bilstein Shocks

7. Print this Post   #7

We did not receive a ladder with our 2014 Road Warrior 390. I called that out during our delivery walk through and was told at that time the ladder did not come with the unit. That being said in about a week or two when some other items that were missing were delivered to the dealer so was a brand new ladder. As Cjackg stated above it is very heavy and always in the way. We're still wrestling with it - hasn't been a priority to change it out.
    Tom and Marge Goss
    2012 GMC Sierra 3500, ext cab, DRW, long bed, 4x4, 6.6L, Airsafe 20k Omni-directional hitch
    2014 Heartland Road Warrior 390

8. Print this Post   #8

From another thread asking the same question most of us that didn't geta ladder just use one of these type of ladders. It can also be used for other things around the rig. I like mine .

http:////heartlandowners.org/showthr...bunk-in-garage
    Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me NSDQ

2012 F350 KR, 4x4, CC, LWB in White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat w/ a Black Interior, 5100 Bilsteins, Carli / Bilstein 7100 Steering Stabilizer, Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate Bags w/ Wireless Air Leveling, Dieselsite 6.7L Fuel Filter / Water Separator, aFe Stage 2 Intake System PG7, H&S MiniMaxx Tuner w/ High Sulfur Calibration Tune Vin Un-Lock Code, Flo Pro 653NB 5" Aluminized Downpipe Back Exhaust w/ Muffler, H&S EGT Probe Kit, H&S EGR/Cooler Delete, H&S Dash Mount & Adapter, ATTA AT80R Fuel Tank w/ Freedom Fill System