Garage bed question

Caseyk

I'm a brand new owner of a Cyclone 3800. My wife and I were wondering if we were supposed to get a ladder that allows the kids to climb up in the top bed in the garage? I'm not sure if this is a standard item that comes with it?

danemayer

Hi Caseyk,

Congratulations on the new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great group of friendly and helpful people here, so I'm sure another Cyclone 3800 owner will chime in with the answer.

BLHFUN

I Don't have the 3800, but haven't ever heard of any of the newer cyclones including a ladder or even making it an option. (Could be wrong as the options and standards seem to move around a bit) My 4200 did not. We use a folding 5' ladder we purchased at SAMs for about 35.00 dollars.

Congratulations on on the new Cyclone, I'm sure you will love it!

oscar

Nope. Heartland does not provide an option to get up there on any of their models. Your choices are a jet pack, or there's a number of ladders on the internet, or make your own like I did.

Cjackg

I did receive a ladder for the garage beds with my 2015 Cyclone 3110, but it is about 7-ft long and made of heavy steel. After fighting with it for a while, we replaced it with a folding aluminum ladder and leave the oem ladder at home!

Firehawg

We did not receive a ladder with our 2014 Road Warrior 390. I called that out during our delivery walk through and was told at that time the ladder did not come with the unit. That being said in about a week or two when some other items that were missing were delivered to the dealer so was a brand new ladder. As Cjackg stated above it is very heavy and always in the way. We're still wrestling with it - hasn't been a priority to change it out.

Wk15

From another thread asking the same question most of us that didn't geta ladder just use one of these type of ladders. It can also be used for other things around the rig. I like mine .

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/50939-Ladder-for-the-top-bunk-in-garage