JT STABALIZERS FOR 3670RL BIGHORN & B &W hitch question

Trillium

We have ordered a new 3670RL Bighorn and would like to purchase the JT Stabalizers for it. We have been asked for some measurements and what type of front and rear legs come with the trailer. Since we do not yet have the trailer we cannot answer the questions.

Does anyone with the 3670rl and JT Stabalizers know what part numbers are required for the front and rear legs?

Also we need a hitch and have herd rave reviews for the 18 K B&W Companion and Turn over ball hitch. Read somewhere on this forum that there is a warrenty issue if a goose neck type to hitch is installed to pull the Bighorn. We are new to 5th wheel towing so it is not clear to us if the B&W Companion with turn over ball is classified as a goose neck hitch system or not.

Has anyone any experience with this hitch and warrenty?

Thankyou
P.S. Sorry if this question is asked in wrong forum. Was not sure where to put it.

Delaine and Lindy

Trillium, I have a B&W turnover ball with the Companion 5th wheel hitch. The B&W is a combination hitch, you can pull a Gooseneck trailer, which I have to haul my John Deere equipment on. The Companion 5th wheel hitch is to pull a 5th wheel trailer, similar to the Reese, Huskey hitches etc. With the B&W it can be removed in 10 minutes and you want have anything in the bed of the Truck. With standard Reese, Huskey/Valley type hitches you will have rails. I think Reese does make a hitch that can be remove and only have 4 puck holes in the bed. I don't think one person can remove that hitch. As for warranty the B&W companion 5th wheel hitch want be a issue. The day I picked up my Landmark there were 4 other Trucks there with new B&W hitches. I again will say I believe the B&W hitch is the safest and so easy to hook and un-hook I have owned and we have owned 5 different hitches from the basic hitch to the Trailer Saver air ride hitch, which I think was the best air ride hitch on the market. The above is my Opinion only. Good Luck with your choice. GBY

Look at the web site for the B&W, its very informitive....:D

Delaine and Lindy

Also I haven't owned the JT system, but I will tell you this you want get all the movement out of a 5th wheel as long as you leave the tires touching the ground. To remove all the movement you will have to block up the 5er on blocks. The movement comes mostly from the tires sitting under the suspension. I have tried lots of different things and found that a set of screw type jack stands just to the front and rear of the tires help as much as anything. Roto Chock are a great addition stop front to rear movement. And also for safety, they are first on and last off before moving the 5er. They are a little pricey but well worth, I'm using our Roto Chocks on our third 5th wheel. GBY...

Trillium

Delaine and Lindy, Thankyou for answering my questions here and over on RV Net. I now have a better understanding of how this system actually works and see why the bedsaver should not be needed with the way the hitch clamps and the pin used to ensure that the hitch is clamped tight.

We just purchased a new truck and had the Line-X spray in bed liner put in. When we pick up the truck we will head over to RV Wholesalers in Ohio to have the B&W companion and turnover ball installed for us. The scary part is I hope they have done this many times before and don't drill the 4 inch hole in the wrong place.:(

I also spoke to James Fenner at Heartland who was very patient with me and my lack of understanding the terminology of hitches. He explained that if a goose neck adaptor was attached to the 5th wheel pin and then used as a goose neck to the pick-up truck then the Heartland warrenty would be void. I can see that this would put undue stress on the frame. I explained that the companion hitch would be used and he said that it would be ok. Please remember that this is my interpretation of what he said, so it looks like we are good to go.:)

We will also get the JT Stabalizers at RV Wholesalers and do appreciate your experience and suggestion to eliminate all movement that the wheels must be off the ground. If the movement is still too much then I will try your method with the jacks. I will check into the Roto Chocks and if they are available at RV Wholesalers will get them also. We came from a Pop-up camper, so it looks like our learning curve will be very high for this year and expensive for all the accesories we will need.

Thanks again for your help.

Mariposa

J.T. Stabalizers

We had J. T. Stabalizers installed while in Yuma a few weeks ago. We are very happy with the way the work. We were using a support on the hitch and the Stabalizers work so much better. I did break off the little "T" on the back set screws. The "T" hit the jack bracing when getting ready for the road. Now I just remove the set screws and reinstall them at next place. I think you will be happy with the J.T.'s

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We just installed JT on our 3670. We haven't had it out et, but it is much more stable siting in our driveway. We ordered them from Tweety's. We bought the Elephant Feet and Elephant Shoes that go with the stabilizers at RV Wholesalers. Now I see that RV Whoesalers has the stabilizers (part 15-0363) for about the same price as Tweety's. When we bought, they were having the deal where you buy the Elephant Feet and they throw in one set of Elephant Shoes so you only have to buy one set instead of two. The stabilizers come with all of the different types of connectors and brackets you might need.

We also bought a Demco Glide Ride pin box from Tweetys. It works on a different principle than Mor-Ryde and Trail-Air and doesn't have air chambers to fiddle with. I hope it works as well as advertised.

Kristy

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I just installed the JT's on my 3670RL and they do work real well. They stop side to side movement and front to back. I also had them on our other 5th wheel and I will always have a set on mine. I was skeptical about them at first also but you will like them. As far as the ones to fit the 3670, get the set that has the rear bars for the telescoping jacks. I assume that you have the electric rear jacks. When I started to put mine on I discovered that the long swing bolts were not long enough. I call JT's and they sent me a new set of bolts that were long enough, so make sure that you get 4" swing bolts for the rear. Hope you enjoy your new 3670.

Fordsd250

JT Stabalizers

Okay, can anyone give an update on installed JT stabalizers? I am looking hard at them.:)

Jimmyt5

Just finished installing today. I must say that this is a real high quality parts.
Great directions, rock solided RV.

Got mine at Dyer's RV Suppllies $296.96 with shipping included.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
I have installed the jt strongarm stabilizers on my sundance 3300sk I'm pleased with them a little hard to get the front landing gear manual legs down even when jt strongarm bolts are loosen up but they are worth the investment TRAVELER07[Rick]