Going to Goshen Rally

dlw930

N Texas Friends,

After thinking we wouldn't be able to attend the national HOC rally in Goshen, things have changed so we can, but can only catch the last day of the pre-rally (15th) and leave on the 21st. This is our first rally. We need help from you experienced folks knowing the ropes and what to sign up for (sites, tours, etc.) during the registration process. Any ideas and help will be appreciated.

David and Donna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
David and Donna, glad you have found a way to make it. As for the actual rally there is not too much to sign up for. Just be there. And as far as the pre rally goes, the registration process will walk you through the choices. As you are only going to be there at the tale end of the Pre rally, there will not be much that will be going on at that time. But the registration will tell you everything you need to know. And then just remember, you are welcome to go to everything you see going on around you. Don't hesitate to join in!

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
N Texas Friends,

After thinking we wouldn't be able to attend the national HOC rally in Goshen, things have changed so we can, but can only catch the last day of the pre-rally (15th) and leave on the 21st. This is our first rally. We need help from you experienced folks knowing the ropes and what to sign up for (sites, tours, etc.) during the registration process. Any ideas and help will be appreciated.

David and Donna

That's great David & Donna! It's basically what Kelly said. Just go and have fun. There are lots of seminars during the actual rally. Go to one or all, it's your choice. There's lots of good info. The registration process is straightforward. As far as where you will park the rig...there's not a whole lot left to choose from. Probably Ring Road, which is on the railroad track. After a day or two you won't hear it anymore! :) That's where we were last year.

See you there!

dlw930

Ok. Thanks Nancy & 2psnapod! Got registered. Not much choice left in spots for our 39-footer. Got in south lot but may only end up with 30 amp electric. We'll show up and see what happens!

pegmikef

Ok. Thanks Nancy & 2psnapod! Got registered. Not much choice left in spots for our 39-footer. Got in south lot but may only end up with 30 amp electric. We'll show up and see what happens!

Hey Dave and Donna, we are also in the low rent district and this is our first time to Goshen too. Maybe they will park us next to each other again although we're arriving a couple of days earlier and I think in the south area they park the rigs as they come in. I'm glad to see that we aren't the only newbies that will be there. We will see you this weekend at Durant. Mike

dbbls59

You will need to signup for the bus ride to Heartland's plant if you want to tour the assembly plant or design center. Of course you can drive yourself but the bus is so much simpler. You will see this when you are completing the registration.

dlw930

Mike,
I just noticed on the attendee's list that you were in South Area. Would love to be Molly's neighbor again! But you're right, coming in the 15th, we'll probably get the last spot! Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our first time I remember trying to go to many of the seminars to learn from the suppliers -- they provide a wealth of knowledge and take questions from the crowd, so they are a great learning opportunity. Also, take advantage of the rig-weighing and alignment check, as well as other offerings like carpet cleaning and rig wash/waxing. Usually the convenience and pricing for these is outstanding. Be sure to check out the marketplace, too for great deals. And for sure, bring a bike or rent a golf cart, with 200+ of us, we're all spread out. It's lots of fun to go around and visit, lots of folks are always hanging out and having a good time. Walking everywhere is also doable, but harder to see all of the areas.

dlw930

Thanks, Erica. It's hard to grasp the scale of the grounds from the map. I thought about signing up for a cart, but it sounded like they wanted to minimize cart use. I wasn't sure how necessary a cart would be. I'd like to take advantage of the rig weigh-in; that's important info to know. - David

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks, Erica. It's hard to grasp the scale of the grounds from the map. I thought about signing up for a cart, but it sounded like they wanted to minimize cart use. I wasn't sure how necessary a cart would be. I'd like to take advantage of the rig weigh-in; that's important info to know. - David

I think there is a place to sign up for it somewhere on the forum, so that they have your info and know you are coming what day. You will be directed to do the weigh-in before you are led to your site, so it's easy to get it done. (You can also do it on the day you leave instead.)

jbeletti

We had to stop renting golf carts as there was a glitch where we were short about 18 4-passenger carts. We'll have to put a lot of people into 2-passenger carts now. Not going over very well. Anyway, I decided to halt additional rentals.

dlw930

Thanks for the info, Jim. I wondered why I couldn't go back into my registration and add a cart. Now I know! I guess I need the exercise anyway. See you in Goshen! - David

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
We had to stop renting golf carts as there was a glitch where we were short about 18 4-passenger carts. We'll have to put a lot of people into 2-passenger carts now. Not going over very well. Anyway, I decided to halt additional rentals.

A two passenger cart is fine with us Jim no big deal to us.

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
It appears Goshen will have lots of road construction going on; is there any info on whether it will affect rally goers and their rigs?

Kbvols

It appears Goshen will have lots of road construction going on; is there any info on whether it will affect rally goers and their rigs?
There is construction on 20 west of Goshen. They were also repaving 33 from the bi-paas (hwy 20) thru downtown Goshen last week
Hope that helps.