ATF: Gateway - Plumbing diagram, fresh water, black and gray

Undoubtedly i didn't pay attention to the walk through, that i was given when i purchased my 2015 3650 bh, can you send me a diagram of the plumbing and electrical if possible. I noticed that the gray #2 always has water in it even when no one uses that restroom, so I am assuming that the kitchen sink is hooked to it. I would love the wiring and plumbing schematics of the camper if it is possible.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Heartland does not have diagrams of plumbing and electrical. What might be wrong on your rig is the valves could be marked wrong. Do you have 3 valves to pull when you empty your tanks? Try filling one gray tank at a time to see which is which. If like my gray tanks one is for kitchen and one for shower/sink in bathroom.

danemayer

Hi LaCrawfish,

Just looked at the floor plan for the Gateway 3650BH. Let me take a guess about your plumbing.

The front bathroom shower, sink and washing machine should be filling gray #1. The kitchen sink should be filling gray #2. The front toilet should be filling the Black tank that has a pull handle in the UDC, below gray #1 and #2. Starting from the top, it should be Gray #1, Gray #2, Black. Those 3 tanks probably drain out a sewer outlet located around the midpoint of the coach or perhaps a little further forward.

Your rear half-bath toilet and sink, along with the outside kitchen sink probably all drain into a 2nd Black tank that likely has a separate pull handle closer to the back of the trailer. You may also have a 2nd sewer outlet back there.

ketah777

Hi, we have the 3650bh. The kitchen sink and second bath sink fill up grey #2. And the second bathroom toilet is black 2. The front bathroom goes to grey and black 1. Hope this helps!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
A simple way to determine what drain goes to what tank is to use some food coloring down the drain.
Then observe the color through your clear plastic drain adapter when dumping.
m-JiAHUKJQWxSafoNOiPyFw.jpg

Peace
Dave

justafordguy

X2, On My 3650BH the front bath sink and shower drain into the #1 gray. The front toilet drains into #1 black tank. these two valves are in the UDC and drain out of the front sewer hookup. The kitchen sink, rear bath sink, and outdoor kitchen sink drain into #2 gray and the rear toilet drains into #2 black. These two valves are between the two back rear slides and drain out of the rear sewer hookup.

Westwind

View attachment plumbing layout.pdf

Heartland does have plumbing diagrams for each model, I just called and requested one for my Bighorn 3070RL. The man that I talked to said he would email it to me. We have about another day or two before the tank need to be emptied and I'm in trouble. Haven't gotten it yet but I did find one on a Heartland Forum posting. The attached was provided to a owner and the owner posted it on the forum.

Darynek

Hello Heartland,

I have a 3650 BH and i would also like to see a plumbing diagram, and an electrical diagram. That would be great

Thank you

mlpeloquin

I too requested the plumbing diagram. I needed to replace my gray water valves. I wanted the diagrams to help locate the valves so I would not cut the coroplast unnecessarily. If the valves were put in where the diagram showed, replacing the vales would have been much easier. Turned out that the Gray #1 was where it was shown on the diagram as well as the Black tank valve. The Gray #2 was jammed next to the main connections to the sewer pipe that has the outlet. Several wires and other things in the way to make the job much harder, but much easier for the assembly tech. I believe the plumbing gets installed prior to all the wiring and duck work. Needless to say I have an opening right where the diagram shows for the valve and it was not there. It would have been a real easy job if it was where the diagram showed that the engineers made. Nothing around that area by the tank.

I don't think there is an electrical diagram that they will let the owners have. There must be one since the electrical panel is balanced. The reason might be the same as the pluming diagram. All switches, sockets, and lights are wired, but the routing may be different than the diagram/schematic shows. Such as which socket is first, second, etc. in the string. So following it would be puzzling to one using it for trouble shooting.