Cleaning exterior

Brownie14

Does anyone have a favorite cleaner for washing the RV with help to get the bugs off the front?
Have a 5th wheel.

jimtoo

Hi Brownie14,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions for products to use, myself I use a regular car wash and use the drier fabric softener sheets on the bugs.

Also be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Moved thread to better area also.

Westwind

Timing - If it's common for early morning moisture to cover the trailer that's a good time because the moisture has softened the bugs some, I use Simple Green. The only bad part is it can remove the wax on the cap so you might have to wax again, but it sure helps removing the bugs and any rod grease that might have collected on the front of the RV or anywhere else. It does help to get them off ASAP.

donr827

The last item I do when setting up is to wash the front cap. I use only water and a brush and it works for me. The key is to do it early and every time you stop at a new CG. If I plan on waxing the front cap then I will use Simple Green. The water loosens up the bugs and make them softer. I remember one time when we were about a 1/2 hour from our destination we ran into a very hard rain storm. When we arrived I noticed that all of the bugs that were on the front cap were gone.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
A damp Bounce sheet will wipe bugs off the front cap before washing. Also works pretty well for cleaning the shower.

I would suggest that you wear rubber gloves when using the dryer sheets if you don't want you hands smelling like dryer sheets for hours.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Magic Eraser dipped in a bucket of RV Wash & Wax solution cleaned the accumulated tree sap off my front and rear caps easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLHFUN

Magic Eraser dipped in a bucket of RV Wash & Wax solution cleaned the accumulated tree sap off my front and rear caps easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john, magic eraser removes wax and clear coat. Works like a charm on dirt, grime and bugs and scratches.. But literally removes years off the life of your good clear coat and wax. I would do a little research before using the erasers in the future. Quick google search will tell you what you need to know. Speaking from experience, it cost me a ton of money to fix the clear coat on my Sea Ray.