ATF: MPG - bent frame???

I have just noticed a strange issue on the frame of my MGG183 that I cannot figure out. At both the front and rear sides of my camper, the trim has pulled away from the siding by as much as 1/2 inch, leaving a gap. If you examine the pictures taken from underneath, you'll see that the trim itself, has not pulled away from the bed....somehow it seems that the frame or bed itself has warped.

I am stumped for either an explanation, or a fix

Any and all help would be appreciated

ps; for some reason the site will not let me upload a 3rd pic

Attachments

• DSC_0775.jpg
    643.9 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC_0778.jpg
    711.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

danemayer

Hi johnmichael,

I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask them what they think the cause might be, and how it might be repaired.

lostcoast

I have the exact same problem - we purchased our mpg used last summer and it looks like these areas had been repaired (caulked) and when we pulled into our campsite the front end looked like this trailer. Any update johmichael?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Looks to me like water damage.

We had an old beat up 1978 Coachman travel trailer that had that look all over it!

That thing was falling apart . . . but we still had a lot of fun with it for many years!

Camper10767.jpg TruckCamperGlewoodSprings-P1050162.jpg Campsite-IMGP0810.jpg Campout-campsite-Dscf0069.jpg CampSite-P9030033.jpg SandDunesCampsite-P8167070.jpg

hoefler

Possibly too much weight in those compartments, or overloading and our infamous glass smooth roads we have.