Torque 270 HG Additions

DIYJunkie

Add a toilet paper holder.

Add hold opens for the cabinet doors that open upwards.

Mount the license plate on the door so that it is not below the bumper. The wind took my license plate off the first time out.

:)

pgray

What did you use for your hold opens for the cabinet doors? Have been looking at a few products but none seem to be quite the correct application..a pic if you have it would be great. Thanks!

DIYJunkie

I haven't found anything yet, just came up with the idea today. We seem to remember that we had them on a Jayco TT that we sold almost three years ago. The FW is new to us and we didn't have an RV in the interim. I think Camping world may have a solution. I looked at Rocklers(on line), they have something that might work, but they look like they are made for lids on trunks or boxes that open up or doors that open down like on a desk.

Bought a TP holder from Home Depot. Just a minor thing that we thought should be included.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Find some short hydraulic struts for the doors. Towel bars and TP holders are not furnished with any coach. I used very short 3/16 molly fasteners when I installed mine.

DIYJunkie

Pictures of the retrofit for the license plate as suggested by the dealer. Unfortunately Heartland only funded the warranty request at a level that the dealer could cover the parts. Did the install myself with directions from the dealer.

Sorry the pictures are upside down and sideways. Even if I rotate the pictures before uploading they are wrong.
20150413_141436.jpg License plate tabs sheared completely off.
20150413_150200.jpgLight with wire coming out of the side for license plate light. Had to notch the light to allow the wire to come out and light to sit flush.
20150413_151130.jpgLicense plate bracket sans light.
20150413_160108.jpgComplete install sans plate and light lens.

Attachments

• 20150413_150200.jpg
    20150413_150200.jpg
    685 KB · Views: 33
  • 20150413_141436.jpg
    20150413_141436.jpg
    744.5 KB · Views: 31

DIYJunkie

Found some cabinet hold opens at Camping World today. They are made by RV Designer. CW had three different styles, similar in operation.

From RV Designer Customer Service:

Thank you for contacting RV Designer – I’ve noted your suggestion to include the pictures on our website for our next product meeting!
[FONT=&quot]We appreciate your recent purchase and while we do not have written directions for this product, I have attached pictures of the H279 installed, which have proven to be very helpful to customers asking for help[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Hopefully, the pictures will be “worth a 1,000 words.” Another customer wrote back to me after referencing the pictures for his installation of H271 (a similar support) and indicated the strut should be installed about 1-1/4” from the top of the cabinet door – perhaps, this bit of information is helpful also!

H279 Mini Strut Installation 1.JPGH279 Mini Strut Installation 2.JPGH279 Mini Strut Installation 3.jpg
[/FONT]

pgray

Thanks for the info..exactly what I needed. We had bought a lid lift type of strut and it would not work but I can tell by looking at this one that it is the
one..

DIYJunkie

I ended up putting the top of the hold open on the door at 7/8 inch rather than 1 1/4 inch. At 1 1/4 inches the door wouldn't close. Cabinet openings are 22 1/2 by 9 inches , doors overlap frames by 1/2 inch.

pgray

Thanks, we went to Camping World today and bought the same ones. They work great and i am so happy to have the doors stay open while loading and unloading.