Prowler p22 feedback please

We were at a small RV Show in Reno on Saturday and walked through a nice little 5th Wheel, the P22. It may be a touch small but have everything we would probably even need.
Although it would not be a full timer it would be our second home when Patti retires the 28th of August. We plan on traveling a little and am looking for small. The payload would be awesome. I was looking for something in the 1700-1800 range but this is at 1400+ and would be beautiful.
Where does this fit in the pecking order for quality?
Thank you.

jimtoo

Hi msubobcats,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some suggestions and thoughts from our other members soon. The Prowler is a nice unit.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you at a Heartland Owners Rally.

Jim M

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I have been thinking about upgrading my North Trail and reviewing the Sundance 285TS. I just looked at the Prowler for the first time and the 289 appears to be the exact same model as the Sundance 285TS. The only difference I can tell is the Prowler has 2 6,000 lb axles for a GVW of 9,900lbs where the Sundance has 2 4,400 lb axles for a GVW of 9,900lbs.
Can anyone tell me what the major difference is between these two similar models....The Prowler empty weight is higher. The Sundance appears to have a upgraded interior in the kitchen area.

I own a 2014 prowler p22. It's just my wife and I and we absolutely love it. Pretty decent quality, the outdoor kitchen is great and tons of storage space inside. It trailers amazingly well. We love how short it is.

One drawback I've noticed but are to be expected. 1. outside storage space, there is only one hatch and it's the one in front between the landing jacks.

jimtoo

Hi JESTERxHEAD,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Thanks for the feedback on your Prowler.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We pick up our new 2015 Prowler P292 this Friday . . . I'll be sure to chime in again once we get home with it and have a chance to try it out!

It was the only one available in the western US, so we jumped on it before someone else beat us to it!

How lucky we were to find it at a dealership about 40 miles from our house!

ProwlerOnLot-P5160719.jpg ProwlerOnLot-P5160728.jpg

We enjoyed our 2013 Heartland Trail Runner 22RK bumper-pull for the past 2 1/2 years, but we fell in love with this Prowler the second we laid eyes on it!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We've had the Prowler for two weeks . . . and won't be taking it out for it's maiden voyage for another two weeks (where we'll be meeting up with Garry aka doublegranch).

We have been hanging out in it while getting it ready for the road . . . and it fits in our side yard quite nicely.

So far we love it . . . will report back in two weeks!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• NewProwler-P1000041.jpg
    NewProwler-P1000041.jpg
    661.9 KB · Views: 43
  • NewProwler-P1000050.jpg
    NewProwler-P1000050.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 44