Switching cable to satellite

triley2280

I currently use a satellite dish for tv. If I run the dish straight to my tv it works. But if I run the dish to the outside coaxial hook up the tv inside does not work. I have heard the antenna booster can mess this up. Anyone know how I can fix this issue? Put a new box in for dish? Rewire interior box?

Any info our resources are helpful.

Thanks

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
yes. You can use a diplexer to separate out the satellite signal before it goes to the antenna switch.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...e-TV-Hookup-question/page4?highlight=diplexer

In post #4 I have posted a diagram

Come to the Iowa Rally and I can show you how I have done this on my North Trail

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?p=407673

HornedToad

I got so frustrated trying to run satellite through the pre wire that didn't work...
I gave up and just added a coax directly in to the satellite box.

Attachments

• AC 7.jpg
    AC 7.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 75
  • AC 3.jpg
    AC 3.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 79
  • AC 6.jpg
    AC 6.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 76

JanAndBill

I currently use a satellite dish for tv. If I run the dish straight to my tv it works. But if I run the dish to the outside coaxial hook up the tv inside does not work. I have heard the antenna booster can mess this up. Anyone know how I can fix this issue? Put a new box in for dish? Rewire interior box?

Thanks

On the "Tools" tab, click on "HUG" (Heartland User Guides) and then electronics. See if they have a coax layout drawing for your trailer. Most of the ones I've looked at ( including mine) have a separate coax for the satellite that doesn't go through the antenna booster. I will admit it can be a little confusing though as to the hookup, because my satellite hookup has TWO connection points. One goes to a coiled cable in the ceiling (for a roof mounted satellite) and the other goes to the TV. In the event that I had a roof mounted dish, I would have to use a "jumper wire" between the connection points. Once I figured out the correct connection point I labeled it with a black marker.

Inside where you connect your tv, there should also be two cable connections, one for TV and one for satellite. I go from there to the satellite receiver and use an HDMI cable to connect to a 2 port HDMI switch (the switch controls the input from the DVD player or the satellite receiver).

To watch regular cable or over the air TV I use the TV's Menu to switch input to antenna or cable. To watch satellite I use the TV's input to switch to HDMI input.

danemayer

Thanks

Hi triley2280,

I don't know if Trail Runners are wired for satellite. If you have 2 coax connectors outside, maybe so. If only one, you'll have to either add a coax cable, or modify your existing wiring to go around splitters and the signal booster.