Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The journey on our 2012 Elkridge 36QBCK - big read... sorry

1. Print this Post   #11

Re: The journey on our 2012 Elkridge 36QBCK - big read... sorry

Sorry, it's been a busy week. Here some pictures with updates...

This first picture shows the carpet cut but not yet nailed down. Also it doesn't have the edging sown on yet.
    1170.jpg

Here the stairs. This was some work! the old carpet was wrapped around the steps and I had to remove the middle step to be able to remove the overhang. The curve seemed tricky at first but I just cut the carpet as I was laying it down against the wall.
    1378.jpg

Here a picture of the almost done new dinette. It is 8ft long and will be able to seat 6 comfortably and with a little squeezing 8. The three seat sections will be piano hinged so we have additional storage. Where the 3/4 maple plywood comes to the corners of the 2x2's we will use the quarter rounds the make a nice transition. I'll upload some close ups when I get that done
    20150425_174943.jpg
    Here the new shower tub. Still need to apply new caulking around the seams. The shower hose was upside down, which I didn't even notice until I took the picture. I have turned that around in the meantime ;-)

632.jpg

And here one of the new rear stabilizer legs. Going to remove the old ones today and if time permits install the new setup.
    1524.jpg

2. Print this Post   #12

Yup...all five tires are shot...they are Blowmax's so they where getting replaced anyways...

3. Print this Post   #13

An update since my last post...

Since my last post I have completed all the tasks I was hoping for. I now have 4 corner control of my alignment setup using front landing gear and rear stabilizer/leveling jacks. The sway is still notable, so will likely invest in some additional bracing. Inside the table and sitting nook for the TV are done and all the other things that I planned to complete.

I noticed during our 4 day trip to Yosemite that the rear black tank shutoff valve did not latch, again something that was broken when we bought the rig - luckily the tank was nearly empty when I hooked it up . Rather than pulling down the insulation panels and investigating how to fix the shutoff I opted to install a new shutoff right at the very end of the hose hookup. I will cut off the bayonet and then glue on a new serviceable shutoff with new bayonet.

For entertainment I ended up doing the following...
    I ended up replacing the original crank up/down antenna with a low profile HD antenna with built in signal meter. I re-purposed our ASUS N900 router (has external antennas) to be the hotspot for all TV and steaming connections. I did this with 3 Nexus Player boxes (master BD, Main room and Bunk installed with KODI (latest install of XBMC) and a small 2TB NAS that has lots of the little kids cartoons installed. I added two HDHomeRun ATSC tunners so that up to 4 connections can be made to watch over the air TV again via KODI. This particular setup allows any device that is KODI compatible (iOS, Android, PC) to connect to OTA TV signal and access the NAS with previously recorded TV shows that I copied to the NAS.

The router is configured such that I have a private network secured with WIFI passwords and I am using Repeater mode and a panel antenna to pick up distant WIFI hotspots within the RV park (where available) to rebroadcast the WIFI signal. This I have not tested yet, but from looking at others that have tried it it seems to be achievable.

One thing I am still hoping to achieve is the ability to placeshift our tailgater Dish TV reception to the same WIFI network so that we can watch satellite TV on all the connected TV's. I am thinking of getting an older Slingbox M1 and give that a try, but I am still reading up on the actual capabilities.

4. Print this Post   #14

Quote Originally Posted by swissarmyknife View Post
    Ouch!! That looks like could be really dangerous if it's scaring up the tire and blows when you are on the highway.
    We ended up getting a new trailer two weeks after we had the other one fixed.
    Yuma AZ

Heartland Prowler RV Owners Facebook Page
    No Prowler Needed To Join! ^ CLICK HERE! ^

----Where my Heartland's have been:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2