ATF: ElkRidge - De lamination

We have a 2010 Eagle Ridge 5th wheel we have several areas that are bubbling around the tops of the slide outs. Is that a factory defect or. Recall? I don't want to continue to own something that will fall apart on me going down the road.

jimtoo

Hi DRBroadtman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Did you purchase the Eagle Ridge new from a dealer? You might call customer service, have your VIN and pictures when you call if you purchased the unit as first owner.

Jim M

danemayer

We have a 2010 Eagle Ridge 5th wheel we have several areas that are bubbling around the tops of the slide outs. Is that a factory defect or. Recall? I don't want to continue to own something that will fall apart on me going down the road.

Hi CRBroadtman,

Most delamination is due to water intrusion. Have you inspected the caulking on the roof and around the top of the slide out?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

CRBroadman,

We have a 2010 ElkRidge, which was a name change to the EagleRidge back in 2010.

Have you been diligent about your caulking, as others have mentioned? Delam is usually due to caulking failure and water intrusion.

That said, back in 2011 we had an area of delam, under a window, that was not caused by water intrusion. I worked with HL to have it inspected by a RV Repair facility, and then ultimately repaired. You can send me a pm for details. More than likely with a 5-6 year old rig will be hard to prove it's a defect in manufacturing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have re caulked everything. We actually found several areas that were never calked. We have already had to replace the back 1/2 bath entire floor for rotting. The back door was not installed correctly. We have even taken all the windows out and caulked around them.

wehavefun

We had a 2010 Sundance with no know issues then purchased a late 2011 Bighorn that we recently traded in on a 2016 Bighorn with ZERO water issues. I did inspect and re caulk yearly as recommended, but no issues.