Lets get the BC Chapter going

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Hello everyone.
My name is Rand Lutman. My wife Beverly and I are the BC chapter represntitives and lets get the chapter going. Let me know if you are interested in getting together for lunch or a campout.
We are in Palm Springs right now and will be home early April
Rand

sailorand

Ok All you BC Heartland owners, Lets get this chapter rolling. Lets tlak it up and get a campout going. How about one in the fall?
Rand

cdnrver

also from BC

Not sure if we can make it in the fall but maybe down the road sometime,

Just wanted to introduce myself

-------------------

2009 Sundance 2900mk
2005 Sierra ext cab 2500HD duramax alison
Vernon BC

sdgirl

BC rally?

Would love to! Keep us posted as things get into the planning stages! I went to the So. Cal rally in Feb and was the ONLY BC there,, LOL. Felt a little outta place, but they are a bunch of VERY cool guys and gals!

We just took delivery of our 2009 Big Country 3490BHS from Cottonwood RV in Chilliwack last week, have have had it on order since Jan ,and we really love it, we will be trying it out at Beachwood in Birch Bay this coming weekend,:) for it's first time. keep us posted of the B.C. Chapter
Thanks

HarryT

Travelin Toews'
Hi Rand,
My name is Harry Toews and my wife, Carol, and I just picked up our brand new 2009 Bighorn 3055RL about a week ago from Kelowna Truck and RV in Westbank, BC. We love it and are dying to take it out and do some camping! It'll be a big change for us stepping up from a 1995 Travelaire Rustles 275 with NO slides.
We would be very interested in joining a BC chapter. Keep us informed.

beardedone

Beardedone
Hi HarryT
I'm Gerry and we have been dealing with Kelowna as well and plan to buy a Landmark. Maybe you could tell me about your experience there. If you want to PM me that would be great

Cirrus

I everyone.
This is my first post after joining today. My wife and I (Kathy & Paul) are dying to pick up our new-to-us 2007 Sundance 2800RLS. We don't have the time to import it until June, but after that we love to get out and see the Pacific Northwest, from our home in Langley. Hoping to meet lots of you and enjoy some more RV'ing!
:D
PS. I drive a 07.5 Chev 2500 HD Duramax and if anyone has any questions about their truck, I may be able to help as I having been posting over at Diesel Place Forum for awhile now...and I have learned a ton of stuff.
Happy Trails!

sailorand

Hi Kathy and Paul
Welcome to the BC Group. I was thinking of a fall rally somewhere in southern BC. May be Manning park or Kamloops and Merritt sometime in September.
Any ideas or suggestions you have would be great
Rand

gronberg

new Cyclone full timer

We are the Gronberg's, full time RVers with two fiddle kids and a dog. Our landing place will be in mission. Home town is Abbotsford.

Last edited:

bsaumer

Hi everyone,

My name is Brian and my wife is Bev. We own a 2006 Bighorn 3500RL. We would love to get together with everyone at a camp-out...perhaps locally or Interior some where? Let us know.

Brian

sailorand

Hi Brian
Welcome to the BC Group. Do you have any favorite places somewhere between the Lower Mainland and the interior?
Rand

bsaumer

Hi Rand,

We have a couple. We really enjoy Sunnyside at Cultass (when it's dry). We also enjoy Nk'Mip in Osoyoos. Have you been to either of these?

Brian

sailorand

we use 1000 Trails at Cultus. Have only been past Nk'Mip, looks nice. We have been to the city park in Oliver a few times. Really nice small park
Rand

RangerRod

We are looking at the Bighorn 3055RL and the Big Country 2950 and 3355. We have a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Big Horn quad cab 4x4 long bed, diesel 5.9. My questions is are we big enough to pull these campers at present we have a 24Ft. Jayco Quest but would like to step up as we plan on being full timers in a couple of years?
Thanks for any help,
Hope to be new owner of a Heartland,
RangerRod

gronberg

say no to ram 2500

According the towing guide on heartland web site, ram 2500 can not tow it. I suggest you either choose ram 3500 or Ford 350. Also Ford have special towing guide for fifth wheel. Usually trucks can pull more GVWR for fifth wheels than travel trailers. We bought a Ford F450 for towing Cyclone 4012.