RVing

Larry&LyndaSmith

Past New Mexico Chapter Leaders
RVing is an activity where you spend thousands of dollars to live like a homeless person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
My cardboard box has A/C, heater, shower, toilet, bed, Direct TV and no property taxes..

Bohemian

I am also a skier. I purchased thousands of dollars on equipment and lessons. Then I paid for a hotel and traveled to a remote mountain resort. I got up early in the morning and had a good breakfast. Then I mpaid $80.00 for a piece mof paper that allowed me to get on a lift which took me to the top of a huge mountain covered with snow in the middle of the winter and abandon me at the top, left to my own devices.

I have a great time.

BLHFUN

My cardboard box has A/C, heater, shower, toilet, bed, Direct TV and no property taxes..

Wait... What???? No property taxes??? Lol. Must not live in Missouri? i haven't received the yearly tax bill for my 4200, but my Discovery cost 2200 yearly for personal property tax. That did not include mo tax for my plates. Yikes!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We don't have to pay property taxes on our trailer here in Colorado, and the plates were just under $300 last time.

BLHFUN

We don't have to pay property taxes on our trailer here in Colorado, and the plates were just under $300 last time.

See.... One more reason I need to move to Colorado. If I could just convince the better half of BLH.

Chippendale

Another benefit of living in Texas, there is no property tax on RVs, and the annual license plate fee for my old SOB last year was $122.00. This year's fee for the new Gateway was grouped into the purchase expenses and the dealer paid for it, so I am not sure but about $144.00 seems close. Of course, there is a 6.5% state sales tax on the difference between your trade in and the sales price. License fee for the pickup is around $65.00 per year.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
No property taxes for RV's in Arizona unless you take the wheels off and make it a permanent site! Why would you do that?

JohnD

See.... One more reason I need to move to Colorado. If I could just convince the better half of BLH.

We are originally from southern Michigan.

I lived out here in the early 80's and returned to Michigan (arrived at 10 p.m. on 12-31-1984 to a New Years Eve party my brother threw with all of my old friends there).

Met my wife a couple of years later and brought her to Colorado on vacation, and we knew that someday we would return for good!

Moved back out here in August, 1995 and love it!

Wow . . . just realized that was 20 years ago . . . this August!

We love it here and will never move back to Michigan, although there are a lot of things (and of course family and friends) that we do miss!

We are thinking about making our long trip with our trailer next year to Michigan to visit family and friends for a few days, then take a run up north and check out some of our favorite places, and maybe work in a Michigan HOC rally!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
JohnD: Now that is just plain scary that you can remember the time, date you arrived back in Michigan! I guess the FireBall has really helped you out in the memory area! Twenty years...Wow...Congrats!

JohnD

Another benefit of living in Texas, there is no property tax on RVs, and the annual license plate fee for my old SOB last year was $122.00. This year's fee for the new Gateway was grouped into the purchase expenses and the dealer paid for it, so I am not sure but about $144.00 seems close. Of course, there is a 6.5% state sales tax on the difference between your trade in and the sales price. License fee for the pickup is around $65.00 per year.

My first license plate fee for my new 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD was $950!

I think the first license plate fee on the trailer was around $500.

Chippendale

My first license plate fee for my new 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD was $950!

I think the first license plate fee on the trailer was around $500.

WOW!!! I guess that is why our traffic is getting so bad, people are finding out how much cheaper it is to live here. BTW, did I mention there is no state income tax.

JohnD

JohnD: Now that is just plain scary that you can remember the time, date you arrived back in Michigan! I guess the FireBall has really helped you out in the memory area! Twenty years...Wow...Congrats!

Yeah . . . but I can't remember what I had for dinner this evening . . . DOH!

Just kidding . . .

It is easy to remember the date and time since it was New Year's Eve of 1985 . . . plus the awaiting party! :cool:

I think my drink of choice was Bacardi and Coke (A Cola) back then. :eek:

And we arrived in Denver on Labor Day, 1995 when we moved out here . . . so that is another easy one to remember! :rolleyes:

Bob&Patty

Trailers in Montana are a "one time pay and never pay again" and was 1/2 of what California wanted every year. There is no property taxes on trailers in MT.

MikeR

In Michigan all trailers of any kind have a one time charge of $300.00 for a permanent plate. If you sell, the plate doesn't go with the trailer and the new owner pays a $300.00 fee to register and get a permanent plate.

JohnD

In Michigan all trailers of any kind have a one time charge of $300.00 for a permanent plate. If you sell, the plate doesn't go with the trailer and the new owner pays a $300.00 fee to register and get a permanent plate.

I used to have to buy a new sticker every year for my boat trailer when we were still in Michigan.

Bob&Patty

BTW, all your plates stay with you...not on the vehicle in MT. Mt also has no sales tax on anything. Saved $5K+ when I bought my truck.