EVENT: RV Show: FL, Tampa - 1/13/2016 to 1/17/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Fill in a couple shifts with our names. Not particular on date/time.

If Tampa East puts us in the same front corner near McDonalds (and all the attendant noise), I think we'd just as soon stay at Lazy Days this time around.

Got you on the schedule. Roger that on the CG site. Dave is working on a contract with Tampa East. Should know soon.

jbeletti

Jim,

I'd love to come and help out, but I've been banned from attending RV Shows. Seems to cost us bunches of money when we do.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously, as we get closer to the show, if you have some spots to fill or need a last minute replacement, we would love to help. Just thought we'd give other folks a chance to "work the show" that would like to.

Keith & Carol

I hear ya Keith! We'll check in with you as we get close to show time if we have any opens. Do leave your checkbook and credit card back at the RV :)

jbeletti

Volunteers and those who are considering...

The following email was just sent out to all who have already committed to volunteering and to all those who volunteered this past January.

Date: Mon, May 11, 2015 at 11:09 AM

Hi friends,

For those of you who didn't see it on the forum (link), I posted the 2016 Tampa Show and asked for volunteers. Many of you have already responded and are signed up.

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
There are still open shifts (2 shifts per couple) for those who have an interest in helping out but didn't know about it. If you have an interest in volunteering - kindly visit this link, see what's open and reply to this email. No need to ReplyAll. Slots will be filled on the basis I receive requests. This means that you may not get your first choice.

CAMPING AT TAMPA EAST
Finally - Dave Yocum is in the process of securing a block of sites at Tampa East for volunteers. The location will be the same as it was for 2015 - in the upper corner of the CG. It rained last year - so it was a mess. I have no crystal ball - so who knows what shape this area will be in?

Also - some were backed up to the road and others (Malcolm) were up against a McDonalds drive-through (or similar) - not fun :( We will NOT be given specific sites until check-in. As such, there are no guarantees on where you might be placed. If you will be volunteering with us and don't want to risk hearing "do you want fries with that?" while you're trying to sleep, I suggest checking out other area campgrounds (Lazy Days etc.). They fill up early for this show, so I'd make alternate plans now.

For those volunteers that wish to camp with the group at Tampa East, we need to hear from you ASAP. Here's what we need to know:

1. For the block we're obtaining, the earliest arrival can be Monday, January 11. What day do you "plan" to arrive?
  2. The last night for our block is Sunday night, January 17 - so, a Monday departure. What day do you "plan" to depart?
With your reply, Dave can work the final deal with Tampa East and we will get back to all who responded with dates with what the registration plan will be.

Thanks friends,

Jim

kwolbeck

Past Heartland Ambassador
We'll be there and can fill any open spots you need us to. We will also do Monday to Monday at Tampa East. Hope this helps.

Kevin

DougS

Doug S
Doug and Mary Sloan would like to volunteer again, can you fit us into two slots. We would also stay at Tampa East which we would make arrangements for. If possible Sat. pm and Sun am. If Thursday opens in am for Sat. pm.

Last edited:

MCTalley

Just as an FYI, the online reservation system for LazyDays already shows they are full the week of the show. I didn't call and check, but suspect one might find the same information that way.

Jim, just leave us on Wednesday all day for volunteer work. We're looking at the possibility of overlapping the RV show and our annual Disney World trip and may just stay at Ft. Wilderness that week, driving down to Tampa for the show on Wednesday.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Jim, Santha and i will be there. Just let me know what days to work. We will be there for about ten days. Arriving the 11th and leaving 17th.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

jbeletti

Doug and Mary Sloan would like to volunteer again, can you fit us into two slots. We would also stay at Tampa East which we would make arrangements for. If possible Sat. pm and Sun am. If Thursday opens in am for Sat. pm.

Great Doug - got you and Mary down - thanks!

jbeletti

Jim, Santha and i will be there. Just let me know what days to work. We will be there for about ten days. Arriving the 11th and leaving 17th.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Thank you Randy - I put you into a couple of AM slots so you can be back at the coach to cook turkey burgers for the fur-kids. Especially for Thursday, so you won't be rushed to get to the volunteer dinner that night.

jbeletti

OK - I think I have everyone's site nights for Tampa East down - with the exception ofEric and Doug. If you're planning to stay at Tampa East, please give me your planned arrival and departure dates. Thanks guys.

DougS

Doug S
Jim,
I just noticed that we should ask to be on list for campground, so we would like to stay at Tampa East 11-leaving 18th.

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
OK - I think I have everyone's site nights for Tampa East down - with the exception ofEric and Doug. If you're planning to stay at Tampa East, please give me your planned arrival and departure dates. Thanks guys.

Hey Jim...please put us down for a site at Tampa East for 13th - 17th. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.