What's your fav smoker recipe?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dave - smoke your favorite pizza recipe. We smoke our pizza in a wood fired oven. Try it on your rec tec and let me know how it works so when I get mine later this year I will know what to expect.
Paul, I've done several pizzas in my Rec Tec. Always turn out good.
In fact I just decided to use your recipe and do a pizza in the Rec Tec tomorrow.

Peace
Dave

HornedToad

I like to cook my sides with the meat when I smoke. For veggies I'll wrap in them in foil and they do not get a heavy smoked flavor, baked beans on an open aluminum tray... delish!!! Bakers & yams do great as well as any kind of squash. DW prepares a veggie medley wrapped in foil with a habanero infused olive oil that always turns out great.
49cf41999d55a2e7e0b2963a6eac7200.jpg
e76632fc99c67eee3d206b56400689d9.jpg
b451863488f442fdab99b92afd754ae2.jpg
d3b854314fc77f1f6b257cf0b9e465f0.jpg

1d600cce115343d2792564828f4ec063.jpg
e5c41fe9e8153873b149d3c15a8ab44e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I like to cook my sides with the meat when I smoke. For veggies I'll wrap in them in foil and they do not get a heavy smoked flavor, baked beans on an open aluminum tray... delish!!! Bakers & yams do great as well as any kind of squash. DW prepares a veggie medley wrapped in foil with a habanero infused olive oil that always turns out great.

Oh Mike - you are so mean with these pics! :)

Seriously - you know how to BBQ. Hope you're coming to the West TX rally!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Oh Mike - you are so mean with these pics! :)

Seriously - you know how to BBQ. Hope you're coming to the West TX rally!

Jim, he is! And will be sharing some of his talents with us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Looking forward to hearing how these came out Dave.
Well, they came out alright, not great. Tasty but lacking something.
I plan to adjust the seasoning, skip the Buttermilk and do another batch next week.
Film at 11.

Peace
Dave

My favorite is smoked salmon. Portion and put it in a cure overnight. Rinse and let the surface dry under a fan for a couple hours and smoke for about 4-6 hours as low as you can over your choice of wood (my preferred wood is apple or alder). Yummmmm!

jbeletti

My favorite is smoked salmon. Portion and put it in a cure overnight. Rinse and let the surface dry under a fan for a couple hours and smoke for about 4-6 hours as low as you can over your choice of wood (my preferred wood is apple or alder). Yummmmm!

I'd eat that. And hey, I live in Colorado too - maybe not too far from your smokehouse :)