Bathroom fixtures - Towel argument with husband

ManDak

Just got our new 2015 Sundance 3300CK set up last weekend and spent our first night. Now I knew already that there was no wall mounted toilet paper holder or towel hangers in it. Not sure why - I suppose that they maybe aren't the most durable things on the walls or people prefer them in different locations. I got a floor type toilet paper holder that holds 3 rolls and that sits perfect between the wall and shower. In lieu of a ring type wall mounted hand towel holder that the kids could just end up ripping off the wall, I just went with a brushed nickel command hook. My dilemma is hooks to hang bath towels. I purchased an over the door type rack which I put over one side of the shower. Husband doesn't think this is a good idea. I think it is fine. His idea of hanging up towels is to open the closet door or bedroom door and hang it on there. Drives me nuts! :mad: That has to be worse for the door hinges than the weight on the shower stall, right??? I'm right, right? :confused:

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I got and over the door like you did but I put it over the bathroom door not the shower. Toilet paper I got a free standing one at Bed Bath and Beyond so I think you got it dear !!

DocFather

I, too, use the "over-the-shower-door" hanger/hooks. For the paper, I have a decorative bowl brush and holder that sits next to the throne. It looks similar to the attached pic. I just slide a roll of paper on it and it works fine.

31VoCd-tX-L._SY300_.jpg

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We use bronze finish Command Hooks on the back of the door for towels and keep TP in the cabinet over the toilet. Trace

olcoon

Our Elk Ridge has a shelf above the throne, and I bought a towel rack like you'd mount on the wall, and mounted it on the bottom of the shelf. Works great!

avvidclif

J I purchased an over the door type rack which I put over one side of the shower. Husband doesn't think this is a good idea. I think it is fine. His idea of hanging up towels is to open the closet door or bedroom door and hang it on there. Drives me nuts! :mad: That has to be worse for the door hinges than the weight on the shower stall, right??? I'm right, right? :confused:

You're just not approaching the problem correctly. Hand him a pair of your pants and tell him to put them on. When he looks at you funny and says "I can't get in those" look at him and say "That's right and you won't either until your attitude changes"

End of problem.

kowAlski631

You're just not approaching the problem correctly. Hand him a pair of your pants and tell him to put them on. When he looks at you funny and says "I can't get in those" look at him and say "That's right and you won't either until your attitude changes"

End of problem.

Amen. Good one.

Kbvols

End of problem.
Tread lightly there's alot of "loose" fittin pants out there ....

Hookem59

I did mount the TP holder on the wall in our 2011 3300CK, and so far so good, but in hindsight I wished I'd have gone with the floor version. As far as the towel hook, I put a pair of three hook over-the-door units on the bathroom door, one on each side. Towels on the inside, and light jackets on the outside. Used a similar scheme in our previous travel trailer with no issues.

Bogie

Like olcoon, our Sundance has a shelf above the throne. Only difference is I hung a double rod towel bar from the bottom of the shelf. Didn't want any competition between myself and the DW for towel bar space.:p

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
The doorway between the bedroom and bath is never used so we use a couple expanding tubes (think shower curtain rod) to hang bath towels.

D-DAWG

3-M makes little clear plastic hooks that you can put anywhere. (peel the back off and stick) If you want to remove them you just stretch the little sticky thingy that holds them and they come right off without leaving a mark. We use them for coat's towels, robes and even on the outside back to hold wet beach towels. Most hardware stores carry them and they are cheap. (they even make them with Velcro which we used to hang our clock)