Two dump points into one?

choprpilot76

I've got to imagine this has been addressed before but I couldn't find a thread. I have a 2014 Cyclone 4100, which has two blank tanks and two seperate dump points. Can anyone give me a good reason why I couldn't just go to Home Depot or Lowes and get some pipe and a "Y" or "T" adapter fitting and join them together into one dump point? Would this cause me any problems or be bad in any way that you know of or can think of? Thanks.

Daron.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If one dump is before and one behind the axles that could be a problem. Running a 3" line from behind the axles forward...could you get enough of a drop and still clear the axles?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
If one dump is before and one behind the axles that could be a problem. Running a 3" line from behind the axles forward...could you get enough of a drop and still clear the axles?

That is our problem. I can not get enough drop and still maintain clearance over the axles.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
You need 1" drop for every 10' of run. That's all that is used for an on site septic according to the plans I followed for our cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

choprpilot76

Good points, I will look at the distance and the drop I would need, and if it would clear the axle still. DocFather, I do that now, I was just trying to simplify hooking up and dumping. With one dump point I wouldn't have a whole mess of sewer dumping tubes snaked all over the place.

DocFather

Good points, I will look at the distance and the drop I would need, and if it would clear the axle still. DocFather, I do that now, I was just trying to simplify hooking up and dumping. With one dump point I wouldn't have a whole mess of sewer dumping tubes snaked all over the place.

I think the fore and aft of the axle locations will make the idea prohibitive.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
My intention was to tie both together. But after looking at the slope and axle issues, I decided to invest a few buck in multiple sewage quick connects by Valterra. I have 4 different sections that can be pieced together quickly in different length configurations. 2- 10', a 15' section and a 20' section. A rotating wye and sewer fitting. All can be quickly connected to fit where the dump is located at each site. Works well. Not as convenient as one set of dump levers but does the trick.