ATF: Landmark - Savannah pantry

Can you let me know what kind of weight can be held on the shelves in the pantry closet of a Savannah? The plastic tab strips have me nervous to travel with weight on them. I know the shelves are screwed into the wall, but that is only one corner of the shelf. Thank you for your help.

jbeletti

I had the Savannah and had no issue with the pull-out drawers in the panty in terms of the slides and their mounts. I did however blow out the bottom of one drawer due to overloading it with canned dog food. Simple repair.

Does this help? Is this what you were asking about?

jimtoo

Hi appletreej,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Hopefully someone will respond to your question soon, but I have not heard of any shelves on any of the units failing.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

travlingman

Good reason to be afraid of the plastic shelf supports in the walk in pantry. My left side supports for shelf collapsed on one shelf, would say maybe 15-20 pounds on shelf. Looking at replacing with metal.
As far as the pull out draws in other pantry, I've had the bottom of one drawer bust in half and trying to figure out how to fix. Have 2 other drawers where I can tell the bottom is about to go. Pots an pans in the one that busted.

jbeletti

Okay - I was a bit dense when reading this the first time. I get it now. The big pantry with the adjustable shelves where the adjustable tracks are plastic.

Truth - never liked having the the plastic tracks in mine. But - they never failed on me either and I had them really loaded up. Do be sure there's a screw or 2 in the back of each shelf pinning it to the back wall. That's how mine came from the factory. I built and added another shelf and pinned it in with screws as well.

I'd always meant to swap the shelf tracks with low profile metal ones. Still have them in my garage (thanks Cookie!). If you do change yours out, I'd take them all the way to the floor to transfer the load all the way down to a solid base.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the information. I will talk with my husband about changing out to metal. And as far as the bottoms of the pull drawer pantry thanks for the heads up on the bottoms of those drawers dropping out. I will keep an eye on those also.