2015 Silverado Tow Vehicle

travlyn2s

We have a 2010 Bighorn 3670. Had a 2002 2500 Chevy Silverado 4x4 when we bought fifth wheel. Duramax and all has gone very well pulling 5th wheel. It did have the long bed, butt when I did research a short bed would also work. Had airbags installed. New dilemma. Just purchased a 2015 Silverado 4X4, 2500 diesel w/ crew cab shortbed. This vehcle is also with offroad package. Question...anyone have this type set up? Stiffer suspension and was told to use before getting air bags.Also wondering about hook up as this vehicle seems a bit taller. Thanks for any info

danemayer

Hi travlyn2s,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's loads of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I'm sure you'll get some feedback shortly.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have a 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 with 4:10 rear end and Vortec 6.0 gas engine.

We've been hauling a 2013 Heartland Trail Runner 22RK bumper pull, but just traded it in for a 2015 Heartland Prowler P292 5th-wheel.

That truck pulls our 29 foot Trailer Runner without any issue . . . can't even tell it is back there!

The 5th-wheel is 33 feet long and weighs around 1500 pounds more, and will be my first time pulling a 5th-wheel (I've been pulling campers, boats and horse trailers since I was eight years old - soon to be 55).

Delivering the Trail Runner to the dealer for trade in tomorrow and will be getting the hitch installed, doing the PDI and rolling with the new trailer next Friday.

RifleCO2014-IMG_2931.jpg Truck&CamperAtGasStationSmall.jpg CamperAt CWFlagstaffAZ.jpg SunCityRV-IMG_20150122_173556536.jpg TruckAtGrandCanyon-IMG_3537.jpg ProwlerOnLot-P5160719.jpg ProwlerOnLot-P5160728.jpg

Gotta find someone to buy my topper . . . won't need it anymore!

'Lil Guy'

That truck and engine will definitely pull the BH with ease. I do think you're overloading the 3/4 ton truck with the hitch weight you will encounter along with your payload. Put that aside. I have a 2500 Ram CTD 4X4 that sits very high in the stock form. I went to pick up my ER 5th wheel with it and wouldn't take it off the lot in the nose high attitude. I had to go with larger wheels, taller tires and a 2" lift to the trailer to level it out. You certaqinly don't want the weight of that BH riding on the rear tires mostly. You have adjustment with your bed hitch and pin on the rig. I used the Timbren enhancers over air bags n my truck. Better ride and didn't come onto play till you sagged about 1 3/8". I added an auxillary tank to my bed with an additional 550lbs so I went over to the airbags. Again, be sure to check for a level tow and don't let the rear squat with a nose high truck to tow that thing. My guess is you will need some kind of load assist. Your truck may not be as tall as the new Rams so you might be ok. Good luck.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Somethings come to mind. The bed side rails are taller on your 2015. So you might have to adjust the hitch height. I did not have adjust mine going from a 2007 2500HD to a 2013 3500HD DRW. The 2015 2500HD should be able to carry the pin weight, but might check that spec. You will just love the exhaust brake and the power that you now have. A S/B will not cause any problems in a tight turn.