EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: IL, Chatham - 6/15/2016 to 6/19/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Oilman, thanks for asking about the hat decorating. I did not have a specific night for Hat Decorating. My thoughts were decorate a hat on your own, wear it around rally and then on Sat night before the band, have them decide the funniest, unique, hat, Ladies and Men. See you soon..

jimtoo

We did the hat decorating at our Sweetheart Rally about 10-12 years back. We had lots of fun.

100MSD-DSC01113_DSC01113.JPG100MSD-DSC01093_DSC01093.JPG100MSD-DSC01098_DSC01098.JPG100MSD-DSC01110_DSC01110.JPG

Jim M

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We have to cancel our reservation Kenny is just not feeling strong enough for a weeks stay. We will come up and see everyone though . We were thinking Tuesday and Friday or Saturday just depends on how he feels. Dave and Jon I know you guys said you would come and get the trailer for us and we love you for that but I think this is best for Kenny even though he says he is strong enough he is not. See you guys soon all travel safe !!

Lane

Illinios Chapter Leader-Retired
Sorry to hear you're not camping but it will be good to visit.

Last edited:

jnbhobe

We have to cancel our reservation Kenny is just not feeling strong enough for a weeks stay. We will come up and see everyone though . We were thinking Tuesday and Friday or Saturday just depends on how he feels. Dave and Jon I know you guys said you would come and get the trailer for us and we love you for that but I think this is best for Kenny even though he says he is strong enough he is not. See you guys soon all travel safe !!

Say its not so we will miss you

katkens-DW

We will be there just not every day! Maybe when he gets feeling better we can come your way . Thinking about Mikes campground too !

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Kat, the offer still stands. Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Peace
Dave

olcoon

As this rally is winding down, and some people are having to leave in the morning, Sally & I would like to thank Dan & Karen for a GREAT rally. We have really been enjoying the rally & the area! We have really been living up to being a tourist, visiting all the Abraham Lincoln sites, & museums! Well except for the fact that someone hit the mirror on the truck while it was parked at the Old State Capital building & breaking the glass. Going to be an interesting trip home, at least most of it is still there & we are hoping it'll stay until we get home! It's been a great time seeing the sights, meeting new friends, & catching up with old friends. Everyone have safe travels!!!

kkamshop

Made it home safe and sound, great rally Dan & Karen! We agree with Roy that the Springfield area has lots to see. It was great to see Kenny and Kathy Strong as well.

jnbhobe

Thanks for a great rally Karen & Dan, Was good to see a lot of old friends and meet some new ones. We got home about 8:30 last night, was a long 650 miles, I must be getting old, that used to be a short day.

katkens-DW

So glad that everyone is home safe . Kenny and I enjoyed seeing everyone . He has been doing better after seeing his friends you guys lifted his sprits and I thank you for that. Love you all . Thanks Karen and Dan !

olcoon

Kathy it was great to see you guys! We haven't quite made it home spending the night on the road. In the middle of a thunderstorm now, seems to be settling down a little. Camper was a-rockin from all the wind & lightning was getting pretty close! But no tornados...at least so far! Paul Schmidt was the hero of the rally! He helped 3 of us while at the rally, I went to where he works this morning & got my broken mirror replaced. Sure is nice to look in the mirror & only see one image instead of about 15 of varying sizes. Thanks Paul!!!

katkens-DW

So glad you made it through the storm! Yes Paul is a nice guy he is always willing to help anyone . Way to go Paul !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.