towing

WYWendinger

I don't know some states it's legal or not I was "thinking" of pulling my fifth wheel camper and hooking up my car to the back of 34 foot camper a boat behind that reason why my wife can't drive stick and she wants to go to do one thing while I do another thing I'm a class A CDL driver with my doubles and triples endorsements and hold loads that are doubles and triples and over a hundred fifteen feet and total of 13 axles I just don't know how the car is going to react behind the camper I have had the boat back there and it was all good. anyone with that kind of experience please let me know.

BLHFUN

Legal in 29 states. But with caveats in almost all of them. Some specifically state "only" behind a fifth wheel and some states say no cars as the second trailer. I would be more concerned with The tow vehicle towing capabilities then the double trailer. Do your research. Length limits are 65' in some states and 70' to 75' in others.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Not legal anywhere - he is proposing a boat, behind a car, behind a fifth-wheel, behind a truck. That's 4 vehicles.

BLHFUN

Umm.. Missed the boat comment. Yes, please post pics of the ticket from the hypo. Yikes!

Thanks for the clarification Branson4020, 😁

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yes, and all the triples have working brakes on them. The CHP in Ca. would have a field day with your setup.

Snow

Wow wonder how much for him in tolls on I 95 ? 13 axles at least 200$ ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

Westwind

I don't think there is a fifth wheel made that has a frame that can handle the weight of the car.

lwmcguir

Yes, and all the triples have working brakes on them. The CHP in Ca. would have a field day with your setup.

That is correct. Most states require brakes now on all towed trailers. They just don't enforce it until there Is an accident or safety lane stop.

GBoulter

Not legal anywhere, the law is clear, you can tow a lesser RV behind your 5th Wheel...... Boat, ATV trailer, golf cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk