10 gallon water heater and 50 amp service

drsasser

I wish......................
for a 10 gallon water heater and 50 amp service
This would add very little cost to the prowler line while in the process of assembly

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I just bought a 2015 Heartland Prowler P292 last Friday (six days ago), and while the Heartland website advertises an 8-gallon hot water heater, our Prowler only has a six gallon hot water heater.

I figure that this is not that big of a deal as six gallons is more than enough for a typical shower . . .

If you need more than six gallons for a shower . . . then a hotel room is in order!

Taking long showers will fill the gray water tanks quickly . . .

AS for the 50 amp service . . . I am glad we don't have that restriction as having 30 amp service opens up a whole lot of sites that would not be available to us.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Any trailer that is wired for 50 amp service can also be used with 30 amp. The only restiction I have found is you can not run two A/C's at one time while using 30 amp.
All of our prior rigs have had 6-8 gallon water heaters, which are adequate. However the ten gallon is very nice for taking a shower while DW is also doing dishes. Trace

JohnD

Any trailer that is wired for 50 amp service can also be used with 30 amp. The only restiction I have found is you can not run two A/C's at one time while using 30 amp.
All of our prior rigs have had 6-8 gallon water heaters, which are adequate. However the ten gallon is very nice for taking a shower while DW is also doing dishes. Trace

True . . .

However, coming from a Heartland bumper-pull trailer (2013 Heartland Trail Runner) that only had an LP-Gas water heater . . . to an LP/Electric hot water heater should be a big upgrade (2015 Heartland Prowler 5th-wheeler)!

I'm tempted to go out and try out (in our side yard) the shower right now!

And I think I will, just for this topic thread . . .

I'll report back in an hour or two about the shower . . .

JohnD

Just went out and fired up the water heater . . . I'll give it an hour and then I'll go out and take a shower and report back here.

Right now we have about 1/3 of a tank of fresh water loaded into the trailer . . .

This will be the first shower ever taken in our new trailer . . . and I already know that the shower head will need an upgrade!

This first shower will be made with water from the fresh water tank, and not from a city water hookup . . .

And again . . . I'll report the outcome once I take the actual shower . . .

'Lil Guy'

JohnD, you sound like the kind of guy I want to have a beer with. I just went from a TT to an E289 5er which is very similar to yours. I don't think you will have any issues with the shower. Please refrain from any pics but can't wait for your next reply about the shower. This makes for some good reading. When I retire the end of the year, I'm going to track you down to have a beer or ten with you. Enjoy our new toy.

pegmikef

JohnD, Are you saying that the H/W heater in your TT only ran on LP/Gas? My 2012 North Trail had gas or electric or both. My 2011 Edge also had both gas and electric. I don't recall owning any RV that did not have both. Even my German Caravan I had in Germany had both (electric was 230V).

On edit. Never mind! I was reading hot water heater, but thinking refrigerator. It is all coming back now, laying on the floor, changing out thermo-couplers, trying to get the thing to light. Our NT and Edge did have both, but the previous ones only had a gas H/W heater. Sorry for the mixup.

Last edited:

pegmikef

My first two trailers had only gas water heating.

Yeah, my wife reminded me that at least one of the TTs we had in the eighties had only gas. That was quite a while ago. I guess I am just kind of surprised that the newer (post 2010) still have gas only.

JohnD

JohnD, Are you saying that the H/W heater in your TT only ran on LP/Gas? My 2012 North Trail had gas or electric or both. My 2011 Edge also had both gas and electric. I don't recall owning any RV that did not have both. Even my German Caravan I had in Germany had both (electric was 230V).

Yes . . . our 2013 Heartland Trail Runner only had LP hot water!

I'm going outside in a few minutes to try out our new 2015 Heartland Prowler LP/Electric Hot water shower to see how it works . . .

I'll report back shortly!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John's last port was 19 hours ago and that's a looooong shower. I wonder if the water was so hot....he melted. John...cooooome back.

JohnD

Oh yeah . . . I forgot to post back.

I did take the shower out in the new Prowler yesterday . . . it was awesome!

I am going to replace the stock shower head sometime soon . . .