Undercarriage Skin

I have a 2012 Heartland Cyclone 3010 that I am FTing in.

I had to remove the plastic skin on the undercarriage due to some plumbing issues from frozen pipes and tanks. I need to replace it and would like to either use the same material or with something that insulates the undercarriage better. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thank Yon advance.

danemayer

Hi ssg_johnson07,

If you didn't save the coroplast (corrugated plastic) when you removed it, you should be able to get it locally from a dealer. You can also order from Heartland, but the shipping cost for a big roll might get ugly.

Radiant foil above the coroplast will help. Also, in areas where there's enough clearance, you can use a combination of 3/4" foam board with attic batting to insulate. Cut the 4x8' sheet of foam board to fit between frame members. Tape the attic batting to one side of the board. Slide one end in against the frame, then flex the board to fit the other end in on the other side. It'll be held in place by the frame.

In some areas, you may not have enough space to do this; particularly if any of your tanks are sagging (as they often do).

In some areas, you may not have enough space to do this; particularly if any of your tanks are sagging (as they often do).

I definitely had a huge issue with sagging tanks, I resolved that issue by using 2x4s to brace and support all my tanks.

Thanks Dan,
for your advice on the insulating materials. I will look into it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
On our BH, I used the 2" foam and glued and screwed it any where I could. Its easy with the coroplast off.

Garypowell

You might also check with a local printing company. They use it to print out those roadside signs you see. My local one had it in 4 by 8 sheets and it was a better price than home depot. Turns out I did not need it as I used the flap method.