Fitting Camping Chairs in Exterior Compartments

GaryB

Hi All: I'm trying to buy some items in advance of delivery of my 3055RL in May. Will standard-sized folding camping chairs/recliners fit easily within the basement compartment and/or front compartment? Or is there some limitation in width/depth that I should know about?

Thanks!
Gary

retroxrider

I don't know if the 3055's basement is the same size as the 3670, but I have PLENTY of storage space. Two folding recliners, a couple Zip-Dee chairs, gas grill, screen house, toolbox, and a lot of other stuff in the basement area and still have some room to spare. The front compartment will esily hold the chairs too. Very high, but not as deep.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I can carry four fold up chairs, regular chairs, not the collapsible canvas things, a table and a small three step ladder in my front storage compartment. I'm going to look for a fishing rod and reel holder that I can mount on the ceiling in there too.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
If you have the generator prep, you will find that the space in the front storage is very limited. There is a sheet metal enclosure in there that the generator fits into. I have no intentions of installing a generator so I removed the enclosure and it really opened up that front storage. I had it maxed out before I removed it. Now,with the same stuff in there, it is barely 1/4 full. There is plenty of room in there to store chairs, etc.
Fred

pickuphunt

storage

Plenty of room! The drop frame of the Heartland RV's has made a dramatic increase in the storage area. In our previous Montana, I had to lay the camp recliners down, now with the drop frame, they will stand on edge. While in Texas this winter a owner of a new Montana saw the storage space available in our Big Horn. He slapped his head (i.e. as in the V-8 commercial) as said I didn't know that could make so much difference. Enjoy your unit.
We have a '09 3600RL. The front compartment is big enough for a small chest freezer. We have one by Avanti. It was $129 and shipping was free. Works great.

GaryB

Chairs and Patio Mats

Thanks all! I was just wondering since I may buy some "plus size" chairs (30" wide, instead of 24"). Long story, but it has to do with too many Coors, too much pizza and too few exercise reps :( So I didn't want to get stuck with something that won't fit (the trailer, or me).

I have a few last questions:

1) So far Tweetys seems to have the best deals. Anybody know of a better place? (already checked Camping World, pplmotorhomes, rvstuffusa.com, JC Whitney, etc). Local places that sell outdoor furniture don't seem to sell much of the folding variety.

2) I like to sit uppright most of the time. Will recliners work for me? I've not tried them, but it seems as if the outward slope design at the bottom will force my legs forward and thus, force me to sit in a somewhat reclined position all the time. Is it possible to sit totally upgright on a recliner?

3) Anybody know what dimensions for a "patio mat" are customary for under the 3055RL awning? I imagine the width and depth should match that of the patio awning when extended, but not sure.

Thanks!

boatdoc

Gary, This past Quartzite trip I tried one of the recliner doo-dads and was not at all comfy in it, not being the smallest apple in the box either:D, I felt as though I and the chair were going to be all wrapped up with each other on the ground in no time:eek:, so I stuck with my old trusty straight up chair that I've used for years, well not the same one, same kind.
You might try and find someplace that has them and give it a try before you buy. Remember, be careful getting in and out of it.
Gary

DennisZ

GaryB

i think Camping World has their "Big Man" recliners on sale this weekend as an internet special. I have a couple of them and they are nice, as I also suffer from some of the same afflications you do, too much food and booze, LOL.

Dennis

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Pickuphunt...Guess what Montana did in their anniversary edition...You Got It! They now use the drop frame like Bighorn...looks like their now playing follow the leader!!:D

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
At the shows this year anumber of dealers mentioned that Montana has not been keeping up with the changes, and thus sales were down. That makes sense. If people would look and read they would learn that Heartland has standard what others list as opts, and one dealer said it is all for the $. Is it true Cedar Creek has 50 amp service as an option?

jammaw08

Recliners

GaryB, we ordered our extra large recliners from Cabela's. They don't have the cushions so are not as hot. They are very comfortable and condusive to lots of naps. We love them. They had them on sale 1/2 price.

GaryB

Thanks everybody for the info! I just bought chairs, a patio mat and a few other small things. After researching, I found RVWholesalers.com had really good prices on such things, even somewhat better than Tweetys (just an FYI).

Gary