Rear emergency window on a 3010re leaks.

We have a 3010re and it leaks at the rear emergency window. It rained pretty hard and there was a decent amount of moisture on the towel we had there. We started putting a towel down because a puddle accumulates when it rains.

jimtoo

Hi castremmel,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Is this a new unit and have you talked to your dealer? Have you checked the caulking around the top of the window or can you tell where it is leaking.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

pegmikef

What year is your 3010RE? I have the 2014 model and have suffered no leaks. I just went out and looked at mine and the only place I can see that a leak might occur is along the top if it is not properly sealed (caulked) or of course if the window is not sealing correctly when it is locked shut. Let us know what you find out about resolution of your problem. Thanks

pegmikef

Yeah ours has the same thing. If you look closely, it looks like there is a seal or caulk line behind the glass at the top and around the perimeter. You might check that for a break or opening. You could probably take a hose with slow running water and go around the entire perimeter to see if you can isolate the leak.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you do use the water hose.....run the water pressure very low and start at the bottom on each side. Do not start at the top....cause you will never find where its coming in. Sometimes its a small pin hole you cant see. When you do it. move up very slowly up. It can take sometime for the water intrusion to show up. Have someone inside the whole time you are water testing. Tell them to yell when they see water and stop moving the hose. Water leaks are hard to find...so take your time. Take this all with the advise for an auto tech that chased water leaks for over 40 years.

Capt7383

We had same problem on a 3070re with frameless windows. The factory gave me permission to run a bead of caulk on top and sides of window until we could get in for warranty repair in fall. Ours was obviously not installed correctly. Uf you go up the ladder and looked at the top of the window it was very uneven. After repair a nice even distance between glass and coach