2015 Cyclone 3010 Garage AC

TX_Clay

Just got back from a 4 day trip and didn't thing our 3010 was cooling as well as I thought it should. Today I lowered the garage bed and flipped open the outlet next to the intake and ran both units for 10 minutes before I checked the output. Outside temp is around 85 degrees. When I stepped into the unit. Noticeable cooler in the front part. Step through to the garage and it is warm still. Checked the output of each unit. Front frosts your fingertips when held about 8 inches below outlet. Rear, well, aaaaa, lets just say it was cool air. Waiting on a call back from service department at ExploreUSA in Ft. Worth to see what their schedule look like. May call Heartland and ask for mobile repair if they say 3 to 4 weeks before they look at it.
Disappointed to have this issue on a new unit, but I also understand that man made does break.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Clay, take down the last outlet in duct run in the garage. Look the make sure the end of the duct is plugged with either tape or something. If it not, get some florist styrofoam (green stuff). Whittle it down to fit the duct, push it to almost the end of the duct. I bet the air flow is a lot less there than at the ones that are cold. It not a bad idea to do that at all end runs of the duct work. Did it in the Horn many years ago and what a difference it made on air flow. You might also remove the plastic grates in the ceiling and make sure all the air flow from the fans are going into the duct work. Look up "tent in a vent" in the search box...I hope its still there.

TX_Clay

Well, after examining the unit, I believe it has lost its charge. Don't see any oil inside the roof case, but the lines are just barely cool where they should be cold and the ones that should be almost too hot to touch are just warm. Exhaust air through the condenser coils is barely above ambient temperature. Compressor is still running.
Jumped on Dometic website and they have a warranty repair center locator. Looks like I have about 5 within 10 miles of me. Called one and told him we had plans for this weekend. Could he get it done? He told me it would take a couple of days for Dometic to ship him a replacement unit once he determined that it had indeed lost its charge. So I will be dropping the 5ver off this evening to be looked at tomorrow. Doubtful that he could get one delivered in time for the weekend. But, pick it up on Thursday and then he would call when the new unit had arrived and bring it back at that time. Can't argue with that.
FYI, Called ExplorerUSA (Selling Dealer) in Fort Worth Monday morning, twice, left messages each time. Have yet to get a return call from them.

TX_Clay

No return call from ExplorerUSA yet. But the A/C is fixed. Dropped it Tuesday at a Horse Trailer Manufacture who is a Dometic Warranty Repair center. They called today and said it was ready for pick up. Now that is service. Loading tonight to head out for another 3 day weekend with our son. Life is good.
Oh, the unit did have a leak and a new one was dropped into its place.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We learned in the AC maintenance class to test the AC, run all ACs for about 20 min, then run only the one you are testing. Use a food grade thermometer at the return, wait 5-6 min then read. Then do same at the closest output vent to the AC. Average is 12-16 degree temperature difference. Depends on the humidity in the air.

He said there is no way to "recharge" an RV AC unit. It's more cost effective to replace the unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk