winegard trav'ler dish network 1000

mrrocko

i have a 2016 big horn 3875fb the package i have said it is wired for this dish. i found a good deal on one and would like to install it myself. having trouble finding any help about the wiring and placement on the roof has anybody installed one? does it have all the wires for the dish ant? thanks

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I just had mine installed at the rally this week. He mounted it more toward the door side behind the a/c across from the sky light. It has to have something like 34" clearance around the dish. The factory installed backboard is not positioned for the clearance needed. Mine was attached to the roof which was strong enough anyway. The coax and power cord were in a blank outlet cover in the bedroom ceiling where he drilled a 1" hole to push the cables out onto the roof. I watched a couple of installs on YouTube before I saw the rally special. I couldn't buy the dish for the installed price here.

mrrocko

thanks for the info i saw a picture where heartland ran the wires on the roof. the dish here is $1199.00 and intstall cost range from $500.00 to $370.00 at camping world, but camping world has some bad reviews so i thought iwould try and put it up myself since the king mountain package stated it is wired for the travler winegard ant. what is the length of your 3260? the 3875 is 41.9 i saw the wires in the bedroom

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I think that the 3260 is around 38'. I watch and the install was pretty straight forward but I'm glad I had a pro install it. It was $1750 for everything.

mmomega

AnyTimer
I just had mine installed today at the rally as well. I'll try to remember to climb up there tomorrow and get a picture of where he mounted the dish so you can see from that view.
Mine is on a Landmark KeyLargo. I have noticed many rigs here with that dish mounted in many different places so I'm not sure if there is a rhyme or reason for it.

I'm with superduty08, I decided to go ahead and let the pro install it. He was done with TV's going in just under an hour and a half. I can only imagine the words my neighbors would be hearing if I had done the install myself and I had problems ;)

mmomega

AnyTimer
This is where ours is installed on the Key Largo.
Yes the roof will be cleaned this week too, I hadn't noticed it got that bad. :p

Attachments

• IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    505.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0941.jpg
    IMG_0941.jpg
    556.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0942.jpg
    IMG_0942.jpg
    533.7 KB · Views: 73

mrrocko

thanks for all the information and pictures. talked to erine in az who installed his own direct tv dish and ithink you see them installed in different locations is for the clearance yougot tohave 34" around the dish for clearance. One thing heartland told him is not to install the dish anywhere execpt on the factory backer plate and some models seem to be short for clearance anound the crank up ant i am hoping that since my is 41.9 ft that i will have the clearance needed still need to call heartland and get some drawings of roof and where the backer plate is located. i was also told that the below the rubber roof is only a 3/16 plywood, not really thick enough to hold a 48lb st dish but some are installed in different locations