residential refrigerator

meagle

I have had a great deal of problems with the residential refrigerator in my Landmark. The ice maker was not attached properly at the factory and had a slow leak causing extensive damage. The water line to refrigerator is located outside of the RV and will freeze even when the coach is in use. The line leaked at a connector on the frame and dripped into the "underbelly" of the coach causing extensive damage and repair. The battery life to operate the refrigerator is not very long when not connected to power. I believe that Heartland needs to make a lot of improvements with this system if it continues installing residential refrigerators in its RV's. I would not buy another unit with this set-up unless major improvements were made. I wish that I had purchased a unit with non-residential refrigerator.

danemayer

the water line would be the same arrangement on most models even with the gas absorption refrigerator.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

meagle

the water line would be the same arrangement on most models even with the gas absorption refrigerator.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It seem odd to me that a manufacturer would run a icemaker line along the frame exposed to the elements. With that being said the customer service at Heartland has been excellent and other than the refrigerator issues I really like my Landmark. The little inexpensive icemaker line has caused thousands of dollars of damage that Heartland has had to fix. Complete replacement of the slide floor, cabinetry, underbelly insulation, etc. I hope that this will finally be the end of the issues and I can use my RV!

danemayer

Let me suggest you take a look at our Residential Refrigerator Guide, which includes winterizing instructions. When temps are headed below freezing, or you're storing the trailer for the winter, you need to thoroughly winterize the refrigerator. Some aspects may not be obvious and of course the manuals for refrigerators used in homes don't speak to winterizing.

meagle

Let me suggest you take a look at our Residential Refrigerator Guide, which includes winterizing instructions. When temps are headed below freezing, or you're storing the trailer for the winter, you need to thoroughly winterize the refrigerator. Some aspects may not be obvious and of course the manuals for refrigerators used in homes don't speak to winterizing.

Thank you. I copied it for my RV and will use it. The problems described were not from a frozen line. I have kept it in warmer climates since owning it but will use it in cold weather his next year. I like to ski and plan on taking it on some ski trips this year. I will have to winterize the refrigerator and turnoff the icemaker supply line before any cold weather trips. I thank you for the great information regarding the residential guide.