Outside Side Panel

Calicajun

I have a 2014 Heartland Wilderness model 2775RBS.
Noticed that the outside skin panel was cut to short and is now coming out from under the corner molding where the side panel meets up to the front skin panel. Need to know now the trailer is made, is there a "L" shaped frame the two skins connect too? If so then I can install a fastener (sheet metal screw) through the outer skin into the "L" frame. This should help keep the outer skin panel from being ripped off by the wind while driving down the road. This should also stop any water from getting into the trailer.

Thanks,
Craig
e-mail: calldaddy1st@gmail.com

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Rather than waiting for someone to read your thread. Call HL service, have your VIN# handy and ask them. Just so you know, HL does not have someone that just sits and reads the forum. You might get an answer but it might be awhile.

Calicajun

Thanks, I'll do that as well. Just didn't think they would be much help as the trailer is six months out of warranty.
Thanks again,
Craig

jimtoo

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum Craig.

A nice phone call would not cost you anything to make and you never know what happens until you make it. Have a picture or two to offer to send.

Let us know how it goes.

Also check out the owners club. Link in signature.

Jim M

Calicajun

Made a phone call to HL and they were very interested and helpful with the problem I'm having with the trailer. HL asked me to send them pictures of the problem area so they could give maybe help me in my repairing the problem.
It was nice not to be brushed off like so many other warranty reps, from other companies, have done to me in the pass. :)

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Thanks, I'll do that as well. Just didn't think they would be much help as the trailer is six months out of warranty.
Thanks again,
Craig

I had some serious damage done to my Landmark due to hitting some debris in the road and blowing out a tire. Did not know the tire had blown and it tore up the side panels. I did the repairs myself and it was not difficult to do. Also Heartland was very helpful in getting me the right parts. On my unit there is no L bracket but they have a plastic baffle that give the metal rigidity and you could use to attach the metal to. Also make sure you use a good RV sealant and adhesive. Here is a link to the one I used to secure my fenderskirts and they are on there better than new.