4200 side patio issues

Derek12v

I agree with Rigman123 that the main cause is the bolts not being sealed up. I believe the main ones of concern are the handles that bolt through the deck material. If you notice the inside has a torx head type of bolt that is actually hollow. The end of the bolt is supposed to plug the hole up. Mine swelled up just below the handle and when I took the handle off it had rust around the outside of it. The bolts going through the aluminum frame are a little better off as any water runs down the inside of the channel and out the bottom when it is closed. I noticed how all of this works when I drilled the holes to reinstall the brackets for the railing on my new door. I too am having rhino liner sprayed on both my patio and ramp doors covering all of the torx nuts. As a bonus to fix how hot the black deck can get I chose to use a light gray color. The cost is about $300/door. Well worth it if it does the job.

Please update after you get your doors sprayed with some pictures and any lessons learned. We just bought a used '17 4200 and plan to use it regularly and this sounds like a must do if no issues.

Sowie

Please update after you get your doors sprayed with some pictures and any lessons learned. We just bought a used '17 4200 and plan to use it regularly and this sounds like a must do if no issues.

Here are some pictures I took after having both the side deck and rear deck sprayed by Line x. I caulked all of the bolts as I reinstalled the railing brackets. Also a side benefit of this is I chose a light gray which is much cooler on the feet. Cost was $500/deck.
51e5b0aaf0dbbd64b49138b7b96a549e.jpg
e075a070b0ae746c0a8f21c30d65f924.jpg
615db45cf908a806872c0b032bb275a4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sowie

The only complaint might be that the rear ramp while loading the golf cart is a little slick but just wear a good pair of boat deck shoes and it’s ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rigman123

glad to hear you got replacement. That would cost about $3500 Since my 2016 is out of warranty I don't know if they would do anything for me.

Last edited by a moderator: